Your friend is smarter than you

Discussion in 'The Rant Section' started by Snoopie, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Snoopie

Snoopie Member

If your friend is smarter than you, will you get jealous? I have a friend always want to act like he is the boss.. Everybody must listen to him.. When do assignment, all must follow his order and when you are smarter than him, he will say such words like "I know you smart, no need to show off".. I get really irritated every time he did that.. Not only i complain, but some of my classmate.. What should i do?

2. take a textbook...... hold it firmly by the bottom edge with two hands....... and thrust book in baseball bat like formation towards upside his head..... cocky son of a bitch... i can't stand people like that either...

3. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

dont b partners with him and ignore him

4. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

it rly depends... sometimes there needs to be an established leader in the group or else work would never get done... i've been in groups where people come up with great ideas and where everyone agrees that it's a great idea, but since no one actually comes out and leads the group the idea is wasted and never used...

ur problem seems like ur group/classmates just lets him take the lead automatically... if u all don't agree with the way he's leading the group, come out and say it... groups can be mutinous and a battle for leadership can happen in groups and is normal... next time it happens, just take over and if ur not the leadership type, find someone else in the group who can lead a group... allowing it to go on like this won't help u, ur group or ur future in management of personel...

Cliff notes: GROW A PAIR... and tell him to go fck himself... get it?

5. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

i wont get jealous if my friend's smarter...cos we can help each other out at different situations..

but i actually know a girl who's like that....she think's she HEAD GIRL and up there with the teachers....but it will be literally over our dead bodies b4 she becomes head girl...
    no one really likes her....assumes she's right all the time...etc....bossy...
    but w/e we ignore her when she bosses us around an we do the task in our pace...

6. lovinglyxx

lovinglyxx Well-Known Member

next time he says "know you're smart, no need to show off" you tell him:

"Right, if you think I'm smarter than you then maybe I am. For the record, I am not showing off but merely sharing my intelligence with a jealous and arrogant being such as yourself. Don't let me be the cause of you feeling threatened."

And give him an evil stare. Mwahahhaaa

Or just cut the crap and give him an evil stare.

If he's always bossing people around and he's the actual one showing off how "great" he is and puts you down when you're feeling smart then he's not really a great friend is he?

7. lala_bel_tempo

lala_bel_tempo Well-Known Member

you simply tell him to shut the fck up, and act equal.

If he wants to be the boss, let him be, alone that is.

or, grab a text book and hit him on the head.

8. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

Simply say,

"Sorry, you're dumb, no need to show off!"

9. ProjectD

ProjectD VIP yay :]

oh wow then why consider them a friend, i hate ppl like that, they think their all that and when they talk all you wanna do is find the hardest thing close to you and wack their head OMFG ><

10. zylo

zylo Well-Known Member

one effective method and it includes your knee and his privates. or maybe you could tryto be the leader. i had one mate who wanted to do everything himself but when the time comes he blames everyone for not doing any work

11. uraha

uraha Well-Known Member

study more and become wayyy smarter =]

12. rawritzcynthia

lol it really depends on weather or not people will compare me with them, cuz i have a lot of friends taht are WAY smarter then me =X

13. xxarronxx

xxarronxx Active Member

I do have friends that are smarter than me but I don't get jealous of them, i don't really think there's anything to get jealous about.

14. wysandman

wysandman Well-Known Member

You should stop being friends with him. Being smart at high school doesn't mean anything.

I have friends that are smarter then me at school (book smart), but right now I am doing a lot better then them in life.

15. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

lol like all my friends are smarter than me , and doing the smarter subjects, but we're still great friends, who cares :p if they're smater ! Smart Dong Fan Sik Meh?

16. Toilet

Toilet Well-Known Member

my friend is waaaaayyyyyyy smarter than me
    but i don't get jealous :D
    she works very hard and i just play all the time
    ofc she deserves it
    she accepts my opinions as well

but your friend sucks!
    when he says no need to show off
    just go "what jjjjjjjjjeeeeeaaaaaaallllllooooouuuuusssss?"

17. MunMun

MunMun Well-Known Member

i wouldnt get jealous but i think it would pissed me off if they keep on making it out that they are more intelligent like its a really big deal.

18. mingming2006

mingming2006 Well-Known Member

i think the jealousy is healthy to keep you improving and to work harder to be smarter then that guy. That guy needs to know there is always someone smarter than him, no matter how smart he really is

19. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Ralph's fortune cookie saying:

"While its very nice to be smart, its very smart to be nice"

There's always going to be someone smarter than you, as well as someone dumber than you. Realize that your conduct with the latter is perhaps how you may be treated by the former.

Or, when confronted with: "I know you're smart, no need to show off..." your retort should be "Yeah, but that's never stopped you before..." (nice polite version) versus "Fuck you, Asshole, you only wish you came up with that idea, but you didn't, did you?" (un-nice version, but one that should definitely make an impression). LOL... Classroom power politics; I love it. :laugh:

Ralph

20. kontradictions

kontradictions Well-Known Member

This.

Epic win.