Yao Ming. Best Center in the league?

Discussion in 'Sports Chat' started by mjc_789, Dec 20, 2006.

1. dvskid

dvskid Member

Yao is not the best right now, but he can improve. He's too nice on the court. The intimidation is just not there.

2. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

He's one of the top centers, that's for sure, with his height, injury is a big issue for him and his team.

3. zxdx

zxdx Member

Its a tough one I think. Yao is definitely better "team" oriented big man. While Howard is a stat monster I think Yao is a better overall team player and makes it easier on his teammates. Howard also is more agile due to his size but down the stretch of a game, I'd rather have Yao.

4. aznrappadragon

aznrappadragon Active Member

Dwight Howard will become one of the most feared Centers after Shaq (Early years). Dwight Howard has all the tools, Defense, Offense in Paint, and Blocking. Teams will have a tough time against him in terms of defense.

5. climaxone

climaxone Member

yes Yao is the best even though Dwight Howard is coming close...

6. ao_xxx

ao_xxx Well-Known Member

Yao is not as athletic as Howard and his defence is no where a 7'6" should be. But if a game is close I would go to Yao any day. His free throw percentage is the best for any centre.

7. jyue1

jyue1 Member

I'm for Howard

8. fuelbyrice

fuelbyrice Member

Howard for me also. Yao just doesn't have the toughness. He is injured almost every season since he came into the league. When was the last time you see him throw down a dunk emphatically.

9. plezwill

plezwill Member

I don't care what say about yao being not physical enough but, when it's final minutes in the game and your trialing by 2 points. You would not want howard to have the ball.

10. cjpress

cjpress Member

i think Yao is better than Horward

11. CrossMagus

CrossMagus Member

yao is considered one of the best centre...
    a bit of injury prone...
    If he can stay healthy for the whole season,he's the best centre imo
    His free throw is good too

12. phear8

phear8 Member

Yao is too injury prone to be the best center in the league. Dwight Howard relies on brute strength, and needs a mid-range jumper.

Yao is one of the best centers in the league.
    Dwight WILL BECOME the best center in the league.

Overall, the best center in the league now is Pau Gasol. You may argue that he's not a true center, but he is the one that guarded Dwight in the NBA Finals.

13. Last4Ever

Last4Ever Member

way to go YAO HURrayo

14. aznspikii

aznspikii New Member

Ming is good, but he is too weak to compare to NBA players...I think he should get bigger in order to handle podition well

15. dexterops

dexterops Active Member

Isn't there a rumor that Yao might be off for good due to his foot injury??

16. crunchymann

crunchymann Member

i think yao ming the best, but hes always hurt tho.

17. LuckTiger

LuckTiger Well-Known Member

HAnds down, best center in the NBA. I like to say if he was a little more physical he'll be the all time greatest center.

18. thrillz

thrillz Member

sigh you guys have to factor in hes injury prone. But he still isnt the best imo.

19. Physica

Physica Well-Known Member

Hmmm but still this topic in a Asian covered site that just calls for fanatics that are for the asians you can't really tell if it is fair :p

20. skyline2288

skyline2288 Well-Known Member

i think yao is good center and can give u 20 n 10 each night, they should just pass him the ball more. dwight is coming to his own, but he still have a quite a way to go to become a best center.