Yahoo Chat

Discussion in 'The Rant Section' started by smallrinilady, Mar 4, 2009.

1. smallrinilady

smallrinilady Well-Known Member

THis really bothers me
    Yahoo chat is tricking you into downloading their service.
    I have a yahoo email account, and it's been advertising for me use their chat client. And how that web pages are more interactive i think you can use the web page to chat.

Anyways this time the ad had people from my own email address list into their flash advertisment. Bothers me a bit, but it's yahoo info to yahoo info.

What really freaked me out is that they had a pop up (like how facebook's chat client on the web page pops up) so i assumed it's their chat client that it's automatic now, and you don't even have to TRY to get it, it's forced on you already when you are checking your mail.
    Anyways to the point, it had listed out these different friend's of mine who wanted to "Add" me. Yea i knew these people, but the one that really caught my eye was ME. One of the emails trying to add me was my own work Email. Which obviously i know i didn't do

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

^ lol .. i just noticed that too .. really sleazy ... slow loading too. the beta version has that but even the classic one has it now. pissed me off. there were every time i logged in .. dunno why.