XIAO MI TV BOX GEN 1 & 2

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by giro, Jul 24, 2014.

1. giro

giro New Member

Hi

I have recently purchased a xiao mi tv box gen 2, so i can watch live tv from HK here in toronto.

Does anyone here have the device?

Any good apps to share.

I use CloudTV apk and pay $35 - $40 CDN a year to watch most of the tvb channels live

2. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

When I was in HK a two months ago, we considered getting that TV Box.

Alternatively, there are popular TVPad and also iPlayer i5 (which I own). It's a one-time payment of nearly $200 but it comes with the basic live TVB channels. I think you could have paid more for more channels but at least they give you TVB channels. IIRC, iPlayer i5 does have the better hardware specifications but I think (without any facts) that TVPad does have the better user-support and user-viewing apps.

Usually the apps (live channel, time-shifted live channel, etc) are created by TVPad/iPlayer themselves. That's why it's hard to recommend apps to you. I guess you could try to install XBMC and get a drama viewing plugin (like Viki but for TVB) if you really want.

Or, you could get a VPN and install Youku app. They have HD viewing of drama but sometimes they cut out certain scenes as Youku is a China company.