Would you rather have a set lifespan of 100 years or die normally?

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by [N], Sep 2, 2007.

1. alexkoay88

alexkoay88 Member

Die normally.
    Part of life is about not knowing when we die. So we appreciate what we have now, because death can come any moment. If you knew when you were going to die, you'd take life for granted. That's not how you're supposed to live.

2. Dh_135

Dh_135 Well-Known Member

I'll rather just die normally. If I knew that death is awaiting me once I hit 100 years old... I'll probably be worried as hell. And 100 years old is pretty... old lol. Say If I'm poor... than life would just suck.

3. manun

manun Active Member

When ur born ur crying for the world, but when u die other are crying cause they miss u in this world.

4. MunMun

MunMun Well-Known Member

To be honest I don't want to live til im old. I don't want to be old and not be able to do anything myself and have to have people look after me. I'm just too used to being independent so no I wouldn't take the chance of living til im 100

5. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

live 100 years, cuz by then i think i gained wisdom ^_^

buddhist point of view, long life = destiny = luck

6. "Live fast, Die Young, Leave a nice corpse"

7. kosoke

kosoke Active Member

Average for Asians is around 85 worse if you are a causation . So why 100 ? You be luck if a bus hit you when you are in the 50ties. It because the longer you leave the more problem you have. health money and all that .... So my advice is to live life simple and full enjoy and do lot's of good things if not hell will be longer then life it self.

8. trangtwo

trangtwo Well-Known Member

I'd rather die normally. People say life is short, but I think when you get old, it'll feel so long. I'm scared of getting old, and honestly I wouldn't want to live that long, being an old person. I mean really, what's the point of living so long if you're going to be old and can't fully enjoy life like you used to when you were young? Haha just me, and yes it sounds shallow but eh.

9. cxliew

cxliew Member

I will say, I will go with the flow. Well, what's the point of living up till 100 years? Almost for the last 30-40 years, you won't be able to enjoy food. Most probably suffering.
    Anyway, sooner or later also everyone is going to die. So why wait and suffer?
    Tha's why, go with the flow. XD