Would you rather have a set lifespan of 100 years or die normally?

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by [N], Sep 2, 2007.

1. xiaojia

xiaojia Well-Known Member

well.. y not? its great being alive.. reminds me of 1 litre of tears..

2. WinterSky

WinterSky Well-Known Member

humm.... go for the 100 yrs! lol... i'd do it since males don't often go that high ^_^ Plus this way i can plan a huge funeral or something and maybe if i knew the exact date i'd die, i could plan ahead. Split my fortunes... hang w/ my grand kids (and what ever else old ppl do) and have a blast before i die

3. alertz

alertz Member

100 years would be great if i still have a healthy life :D
    that'll be great !! haha...

4. rustyjusty

rustyjusty Member

Having a set lifespan up to 100 years? That's be terrifying for me...I'd always be counting down the days until I turned 100 and died
    At a certain point, I'd just give up because it'd be close to the 100 years being up 0_0
    I would rather die naturally, keep it a mystery to me

5. i dun wanna live till 100 yrs old n have my face cagging to my chest... boobs sagging to my knees... blind as a bat n deaf as errr whatever... n with bones abt to snap.... n all sorts of other diseases

n since women live longer than men so that means by the time i turn 100 i don't think my man will b still there n i wanna die before him -cry2

dying some time around 50 would b ok for me -lol

6. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

If you look at many of those "world's oldest people", they may be wrinkled up a good bit, but they rarely have their face cagged to their chest, boobs sagged to their knees, neither blind NOR deaf...

It's only people who don't take care of themselves properly (or got bad plastic surgeries done) who will experience such side effects.

And 50 may be a lot closer than you think, you don't ever want to retire and actually live a life without work?

7. that description was exaggerated <_< where's ur sence of humour?? if pamela anderson's boobs r not down to her knees yet i doubt u'll c knee high boobs (that was a joke too -lol)

to me 50 isn't so close when i think abt today could b my last day in this world (i don't know why i do that a lot :p)... or that girl from the article i read last week who died coz of skincancer (she was only in her 20s)... or that 7 y/o girl who was staved to death in Newcastle last week (her corpse was only 9kg)...

to b honest i quiet enjoy my "work" atm... so i'm not really looking forward to retirement... if i wanted to finish all the things i wanna do in life before i go then i'll prolly need more than 100 yrs... i think i've done pretty well so far... i shed tears... i had laughs... n found ppl that make me feel loved n complete... if i had to go today i think i'd still b thankful for everything that i was given...

8. kickunow

kickunow Well-Known Member

lol i would rather just die normally cause that is the reason y ppl actually strive for things not knowing how much time they have left in the world.

9. peachy

peachy Well-Known Member

I would rather die "normally". I don't want to live after everyone I've known is dead. I don't want my kids or relatives to have the burden of taking care of me. I don't want to end up in a nursing home either.

Hmmm...I don't want to live to 100 but I don't want to die too soon either. I hope I die when I'm happy and ready to die.

10. BigM

BigM Well-Known Member

I'd prefer to die normally and naturally, hopefully not because of cancer or any serious accidents

Time is always against us but.

11. jjjjj10

jjjjj10 Member

i deal with the elderly everyday... and the "golden years" aren't so golden. When you need someone to change your diaper every hour because you can't hold your bladder, and you have a cereal bowl of pills to take everyday, living to 100 might not be what you want. Enjoy our youth now folks!!!

12. Tak-Wah

Tak-Wah Active Member

depends on my health=o

13. WinGirl

WinGirl Member

You have to live life as you want. People who are scared to die obviously have lots of unfinished business. I would take 100 years - soon it will be the norm. Just make sure that its not painful!

14. tomemiprozac

tomemiprozac Member

in aldous huxley's brave new world, everyone in the world state (cloned, of course) are injected periodically so that they remain young (as in without the ill effects of ugliness, sagging skin, diseases etc) and die when they reach 60 just like that. i guess you could yearn for a life like that, but there are pros and cons, don't you think? i have a friend who says that she'll commit suicide when she reaches 50 years old cuz she can't bear to see herself age. i guess that's one of the ways of controlling your life. the way i see it, it's just extreme fear of the unknown at work. i'd rather take everyday as it comes and let death claim me whenever it likes.

15. vintage

vintage Well-Known Member

Question of the Day

How many days is the average human lifespan?

Is it?

a) 28,000 days
    b) 180,000 days
    c) 200,000 days
    d) 1,000,000 days

answer=

a) 28,000 days = 76 years

Thats right folks, our time on this planet is short. Use it to do something worthwhile and meaningful. Live everyday as if it were your last day. If you died right now, would you be satisfied? If not, turn off the computer and figured out what is missing in your life. And go find it.

16. RockkxD

RockkxD Moderator

To 100 years because i want to live long to spam POPULARASIANS.

17. uberberries

uberberries Active Member

i agree, life should be viewed by the quality of it, not hte quantity.
    it doesnt matter how long you live, as long as its happy
    even though i would love to live forever, i cant

18. jud123

jud123 Member

Normal life and die naturally then to live to 100 and know I'll die in that year

19. sebi

sebi Member

in hong kong, statistically, men live on an average of 78.4 years (longer than the japanese!) and women 84.6 years (close to the japanese)

i'd rather live to a normal death instead of surviving on machines until i reach my 100th birthday - no point.

with all the global warming and other sorts of problems on earth.. i doubt if it'd be a carefree life then.

20. chocomilk

chocomilk Well-Known Member

i rather die normally