Would you rather date & marry one person only or date many and marry one?

Discussion in 'Love and Relationships' started by chickenutbread, Jun 4, 2007.

1. chickenutbread

chickenutbread Well-Known Member

Although some (most likely most) of you probably have had dozens of boyfriends/girlfriends before, would you rather go through many different relationships before settling on the one for life or date/marry only the perfect one for you. Or, still yet, you date the one who you think is perfect for you but the relationship doesn't work out?

So basically what's your aim in dating? To get to know the other better & decide if he/she is for keeps or do you decide that before you enter into a relationship?

2. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

Never quite look for marriage, so I guess I am an exception and impartial to this question :p

3. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

Well, even though i do envy people like my bro, who's got ONE gf in his lifetime and still sticking to her strong as ever lol and my cousin who got ONE bf and married now, I still believe that my dating experiences are valuable and cherish all the relationships i have been thru, be it good or bad.

For me, they are my lessons in life, and each experience serves a different emotion/feeling for me.

So, if I get to pick again, I'd still rather date a few guys before I settle down for THE ONE. After all, if you have not been thru the whole forest, you wouldn't notice the BEST tree in there.. lol

4. 無得頂

無得頂 Well-Known Member

Date many girls and marry one of course. Who knows, maybe after I date all the other girls, I might end up marrying the first girl I dated.

5. BabyRain

^I doubt if she would accept you back.. lol

6. i'd rather get the one... but that's only a fairytale these days...

7. ckthepilot

ckthepilot Well-Known Member

thats a tough question...

8. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

@BR: So true, many girls don't take the same guy again...

9. BabyRain

^Especially if they knew the guy wanted to 'shop around' first. lol

10. ckthepilot

hey now, girls shop alot too, both in things and guys :p lol

11. BabyRain

We girls would have done it more subtlely u know what I mean.

12. mgfcortez

mgfcortez Well-Known Member

well i'm a one girl guy,even when just geting to know a girl i give my everything to them.
    until they don't want me,or they show me there not worth my time.
    until then they have me all to there self's.
    like a girl i like told me we just friends and i should talk to a few other girl's too.
    but i don't like that,i only like to look at my woman,i only like to think of my woman.
    and i'm the same way if i think she could be good enuff to be mine.
    i will only think/talk/look/and be with her.
    thats just the way i am made.

13. chickenutbread

that's why i asked it ;)

do you have problems with your bf/gf being jealous/paranoid of your exes? that's the one main problem IMO that tends to rear its ugly head in terms of dating a whole bunch of people.

14. ckthepilot

you'll be surprised at how many girls I know who aren't that "subtle" :p

Are there any more subtle girls around? You know the innocent ones?

15. ckthepilot

no but I have heard that asians are more prone to being jealous... :/ from my limited knowledge, I remember I had a Japanese roommate. OMFG, his gf is so velcro-like. Everything he does, she needs to monitor. For example, all his msn, email address passwords need to be revealed to his gf. His phone only has one contact? Doesn't take a genius to figure out who that "1" was... She constantly asks him to take pics of where he's at when she's not with him. lol crazy I tell you..

And finally I felt the need to ask my ex-roommate why he's still with her... He loves her. As simple as that. He knows the problems are there but he still loves her so in conclusion,

LOVE IS BLIND -dead -dead -dead

16. BabyRain

^Phone only one contact? Lol, poor guy.
    I wonder what he did that his gf has no trust for him whatsoever.. lol

17. ckthepilot

oh I forgot that part. He cheated on her... but is it still fair? Like what she's doing? :eek:

18. BabyRain

Well, then, the subject of fair or not fair doesn't come into play anymore.
    It's about whether the girl still has any trust left for him and if not, whether she's still willing to give him any chance on HER condition. Lol.

19. ckthepilot

Thats what I call ... DRUM ROLL PLZ!!!

TOUGH LOVE!

20. chickenutbread

wait.. if your roommate loves her, why did he cheat on her in the first place?