Would you rather date & marry one person only or date many and marry one? continued

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by master_g, Jun 20, 2007.

1. hiake

My wife doesnt have to go to my church if she had been going to her own, i wouldnt make her leave.
    if she wanted to go to Africa to carry out charity work in the name of God then i would be 100% behind her (i would like to do this too).

No, but if I follow my beliefs to a much higher degree than another then he/she may consider me a person who has got carried away.

i really dont see anything wrong in us serving God in different ways, maybe you can see something i cant.

its the MAIN criteria

Considering the divorce rate and rate in adultery etc I can only assume the ‘test em out first’ or ‘check if their good in bed first’ method is flawed. End of the day, its not my way, my way will prolly seem crazy to viewers but your way prolly seems crazy to me :p

#1 master_g, Jun 20, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2007
  2. 無得頂

無得頂 Well-Known Member

I would date a few people and marry only one. However, I would not complain if I date and marry one woman only.

I will not date/marry a woman who will force me to join her religion. So my ideal girlfriend and wife should be an atheist like me. But if for whatever reason I do date/marry a woman who believes in a religion, I won't force her to change or leave her as long as she doesn't try to convert me.

3. atheist plus true Christian = relationship of conflict

4. 無得頂

無得頂 Well-Known Member

I think another religion + christian = more conflict than atheist + christian.

5. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

^Are you suggesting people who end up dating more than one to eventually get married are not TRUE Christians? <_<

6. ha yeah that true.

babyrain, i never say that did i.

7. BabyRain

You didn't say it, but it can be implied from your posts.
    Aren't we on the subject of dating more than one?!

8. not at that time, im sorry for not pointing it out.

9. mgfcortez

mgfcortez Well-Known Member

thats because you try to make them change.lol
    only them and God can make that change in there lifes.
    and the so called true Christian wouldn't make it far with anybody anyway.lol
    i know it saids its ok to be with someone as long as they don't stop you from doing what God wants.
    if they do then you have to get rid of them:p
    but if you and your lover let each other know from the start i think its not a problom

10. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

LOL, imagine a debate over true interpretation of the Bible, verse by verse...

Saying Christians and Christians are compatible match made in heaven (no pun intended) is like saying men and women are match made in heaven... There are so many different kind of Christian, using it as a criteria is no criteria at all (even though there are those who DO NOT pass this pseudo-criteria)...

11. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

@MG: Sounds like your ideal wife must be a real NUN! -shock

Don't marry, just become a priest and you can dedicate all your life to God like God's Brides. (the nuns)

12. taxloss, you seem to be confusing Christianity with Roman Catholicism -nono

13. BabyRain

Meh, Roman Catholicism IS part of Christianity.

Christianity -> Catholics vs. Protestants.

14. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

^yup, that's what I thought. I didn't know MG is a protestant, based on the things he said I thought he's a Catholic...(finding 1 virgin christian female...)

edit:

@MG: BUT suppose you succeed finding a virgin christian girl, it still don't give you a guarantee she won't cheat on you. Why do you think the divorce rate in western countries are so high? Even very Christian couples divorce nowadays. (and sometimes they won't get a divorce if they hate each other...the male just murder the wife as it's forbidden to divorce....)

15. Roman Catholicism and biblical Christianity have nothing to do with each other. maybe you should do some research.

how many Christian couples are REALLY Christian couples, a poll was done in America which showed there was no difference between the actions and behaviour of the vast majority of Christians and non Christians. western Christianity is almost a joke now. imo you live like the world, you die like the world.

hypothetical situations are never-ending, so i hardly waste my time with them.

16. hiake

hiake Vardøgr of da E.Twin

Hmmm, in fact, the number of divorce DID raise, but the number of adultery did not. Just because people are less inhibited to admit in committing extramarital affair now does not mean men and women a generation or two ago are not doing it.

And you know why number of divorce rose? Because women are no long a upholstery made to be left behind in the home and feed. A generation or two ago, many undivorced couple suffered through their failed marriage because the women cannot afford to be divorced, she cannot make a living of her own, and being divorced is infamous.

And now? Given the amount of work we do to earn our own keep, I personally don't see why it is so scandalous that we refuse to be abused (both physically AND mentally).

17. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

What poll? An online poll on David Letterman's website or a poll on a "TRUE" christian website? Or was it a poll in a lifestyle magazine? Where's that poll?

Oh and I can't do a research on the difference between Roman Catholicism and biblical christianity as I -as a true Atheist- have this christian blockfilter on my computer.

18. it doesnt seem to be very good at blocking christian related stuff on PA -tongue2

get a refund lol

19. BabyRain

Uh, I did research alright <_<

Cultural Christianity or Biblical Christianity -> They are both CHRISTIANITY for God's sake. (no pun intended)
    They both believe in JESUS CHRIST.

20. so do mormons and masons and new agers and satanist.... it goes on