Would You Drive A TaTa?

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by ralphrepo, Jun 5, 2008.

1. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7431881.stm

I wonder what the survivability of one of these things are in crash test, LOL...

Ralph

2. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

i rly wish people would stop calling these things "cars"... they're realistically nothing more than glorified golf carts...

3. gordonng85

gordonng85 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't. My dignity would lay on the ground, shattered in millions of pieces.
    Not like I drive a fast car anyways but still.

4. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

with gas prices as they are... i might use one for short range commuting... assuming licensing fees were super cheap, just toss some lexus badges on it and everyone will wonder wtf it is

5. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

These little bastards arent' all that much better than a civic in terms of gas mileage :(

6. bbes

bbes Incredible

yep agreed, that just looks rubbish in design, even the smart cars look better than that. just because they are economical doesn't mean that their design has to look rubbish like the TaTa.

7. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Fuel efficient but you will go flying if you crash

8. dickson

dickson Well-Known Member

lol that car looks like crap
    i wonder wot happens if a bus rams into the side of that car

9. fookjay07

fookjay07 Well-Known Member

bit ugly not the car i want but i would if it was really cheap

10. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

wasnt the whole point of this car to make it affordable to many people, i mean i dont know of any car that cost $2500 and sits 4 people

it could probably beat a civic on gas mileage if driven properly and not overloaded, but whether its suitable for highway travel is another matter

11. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

it reminds me of the smart cars...
    n nope i wouldnt drive a tata...i'd feel kinda claustrophobic being in a smallish car like that...

12. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Personally, I think it looks like a shoebox with wheels. There's another economy rig that by a US designer that gets up to 230 miles per gallon HWY, but the thing looks like it came out of a comic book.

Ralph

13. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

over one billion people in india... imagine if each family had one of these... imagine the chaos that would ensue... i dunno bout u... but round here... the majority of indian people don't know how to drive... the young guns WOT all day and the 25+ don't realize they have rear/side view mirrors, or that speed is relative to how fast the OTHER cars are going... that's why I feel blessed at the end of everyday, knowing i just dodged another bullet driving to and from school...

o and this isn't even a joke... i'm dead serious btw... i should take a camera with me while driving to and from school and post the hell i go through...

14. bbes

bbes Incredible

its called getting a second hand car that gives gd fuel economy. even those are better than this car.

15. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

^bbes is made of win!

16. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

lol the whole point of this project was to provide a affordable new car to the masses. now at $2500 brand new and readily available for everyone, I see that as an achievement

yes maybe you can find a 2nd hand car with good economy and at a decent price but the point is you wont find a new car at that price nor will everyone be able to find that low mileage, perfect condition, 1 female owner civic/etc. Also this car probably has cheap parts which is perfect for a place where your likely to crash it loads or so on, but buy a western/jap car and the cost for replacement parts is prob a killer

also whether people can drive good or not is kind of besides the point, yes they may be real bad drivers (kind of stereotypical but whatever) but like i said its car that gives a chance for people to buy a vehicle and can sit 4 or 5 people instead of cramming everyone on a scooter. if they crash it then they loose out, but at least people have a choice

in my eyes its a pretty decent car/idea for what it is

[​IMG]
    stereo not included :D

17. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

i dont think it looks too bad, if it had a toyota badge on it everyone would be impressed..

maybe with some widened wheelwells and some 19 inch rims it could be respectable

18. bbes

bbes Incredible

yea but remember cheap parts might mean that it can break down quickly.

19. Aoes

Aoes Well-Known Member

if i thad 19inch wheels the "car" might not even move... there'd be too much friction for that 15hp motor-_-2

20. jaimechu

jaimechu Active Member

Look what i found in Wikipedia:

Performance
    * Acceleration: 0-70 km/h (43 mph): 14 seconds
    * Maximum speed: 105 km/h (65 mph)
    * Fuel economy (combined City + Highway): 20 kilometres per liter (5 L/100 km, 47 US miles per gallon, 56 UK miles per gallon)

This car can barely be in highway..... i think that if you drive this car and a truck pass near you, the car will fly sideways.....