Worst food you have eaten?

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by aniking_7, Jul 14, 2007.

1. 無得頂

無得頂 Well-Known Member

I hate bananas. I hate everyone about them.

2. Jamien

Jamien Well-Known Member

^ I love bananas. I like everything about them. And I love durians. Get past the smell. Just because it smells bad doesn't mean it taste bad. It's really yummy. The smell is just one of its defense modes. Animals from its homeground travel far and wide just to eat it. I simply love it. They don't call it the king of fruits for nothing ya know.

I once at chiken chop with turkey ham in a very old restaurant in Kuala Lumpur. It supposingly stood up in the same shop since world war 2. Very long standing tradition and everything. It's called the colleseum or something. It taste like crap! Firstly, the restaurant had cobwebs hanging over the ceiling and the beautiful antique china. Everything made of cloth there is food-stained, including the napkin! The butter we ordered to serve with the baked bread was harden so much that even the butter knife can't slice. In fact, it didn't melt in ten minutes! the people serving there had the most forbidding frowns you'll ever see. The chicken looks only half cooked. The gravy was like pepper water, running all over the plate. You have to drink it, not smear it on your chicken! the turkey ham tasted like over-salted ham. Nothing but tough salted ham. The cabbage on it was terrible. Half was soggy. the other half was tough like nails.In fact, the base of a cabbage is what made up pratically half the cabbage there. A waiter passed by with hot-plate something. It was sizzling and all but the tomato on it looked like it was rotten.

>.< worst meal i ever had.

3. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

^HAH... Everytime I been to Coliseum, I love it wor!! I always order the sizzling lamb :)
    But I gotta admit, the last time I been there, it seems that they changed the chef or something, coz the food tastes different, isn't as good as before! >.<
    I also order prawn cocktail (my fav.) and chicken rendang... to go with bread and butter .. yum yum.
    And yes, the restaurant looks very run- down haha.. even the tablecloth is dirty sometimes... And there's one kind of smell... haha .. but people still go there!..because the food is great!

Don't know about the recent change though... -huh
    When did you go there?

4. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

What is really yucky is the Icelandish delicacy: Rotten Shark
    [​IMG]
    This local treat is not for the weak stomached. Its putrified shark. Its prepared by burying the shark for 3 months in sand then exposing it to dry in the open ari for a few more months. It smell horrible but does not have much taste. I would describe is as a sea salt gummy for lack of better description.

5. Totte

Totte Active Member

Not to forget:
    Swedish 'surströmming'. Smells like crap. Tastes very salt. A delicacy in northern Sweden.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surstr%C3%B6mming

A lot of people love it, a lot of people run away when they smell the freshly opened tin can.
    You drink a lot of schnapps when eating it, so after a while it doesn't really taste that bad.

6. BabyRain

^Agreed! Somehow the mixture of greentea + icecream just really taste weird to me, because the flavors clash.
    So I guess green tea frapuccino won't taste good either.

7. Maverick

Maverick Lord Vader

"Rotten Beans" - Called Natto in Japanese, these fermented soybeans are definitely an acquired taste, but they're absolutely safe to eat. Some folks will even claim they're good for you.
    [​IMG]

8. Jamien

Jamien Well-Known Member

^ I don't remember though. But chicken chop is a bad choice to order. That experience was so bad I didn't go back again. I mean, imagine wiping your lips on a napkin that had a thousand food stains on it, with a weird smell? Perhaps the chef was in a bad mood the day I went. But first impressions are most important and they're sticking to me.

9. BabyRain

^Haha that bad? Why didn't u ask for a new napkin? Hmm, as far as I know, only the tablecloths weren't changed.. but the napkins were clean...

The reason for the low-maintenance is because they still get good business due to their good food...
    Try sizzling lamb next time.. but like I said, the last time I been there (which was last year), the food didn't taste as good. Maybe a change of chef or maybe the chef was sick or sth.. haha who knows..

10. Jamien

Jamien Well-Known Member

^ Not sure I'll actually go back. Freaky ya know, the cleanliness and the sucky food. I remember an old man playing with his fake dentures too. As in taking it in, spitting it out, etc.

11. BabyRain

^Haha, hard to blame you. I would not return too, with that kind of atmosphere and cleanliness.. if not for the food... and in your case, the food tasted bad... so I dun see any reason why you would want to go back! hehe.
    Maybe I'll give it a try one of these days again, and let u know if the (good) chef is back.

12. Jamien

Jamien Well-Known Member

^^ Good idea. I've been thinking to bring my boyfriend there when I was "going" and he seems interested because of its history and all. But changed my mind after the horid everything

13. brown_bear

brown_bear ☆‧° ☆﹒﹒‧ ☆ ﹒﹒‧☆‧° ☆

hmmm....worst food ive ever eaten...cant seem to tink of any at the moment as im a pretty picky eater....and i tend to eat things that i know is okies and stuff i like....not really the adventurous type....:)

14. aishiteru4

aishiteru4 Well-Known Member

YESSSS!!! I know wot u mean.. well i've been there like i think 3 or 4 yrs bak.. quite some time now.. it was awful!!! totally awful i tell u!!! omg.. it was so bad seriously... i think i order oxtail soup n some sizzling steak cos my mom said sizzling was their like... "jiew pai" .... no1.. when i entered.. i was like omg.. wot is this??? is this thing gonna collapse on me when i eat??
    nvm the disgusting atmosphere... no2.. everything was dirty! even the waitress n waiters... i m like omg... nvm that too..
    when the soup came.. i think campbell was like way way wayway better!!! then i tot.. oh well.. it must be like "their authentic soup" so i was ok nvm..
    n when the steak came.. i know i made a mistake going there... omg..
    :'( waste of money... n my mom was like telling bak her memories.. that it was such a good place.. n i kept complanin.. well i m feein bad now too.. cos she was telling me her happy memories when that place was like a hit.. n now its like a bum...

hmm... u must be lucky then lol..

i quite like it thou.. but only for the first few sips lol.. then i m sick heheheh

i had dirty napkins too.. lol..
    hmm.. the place must've changed then.. cos i remembered when i was there... it was lunch hours... weekdays.. n was 3 or 4 yrs bak. dont remember... n it was "pak wu ying" lol... quite dissapointing lol

hehehe wow.. u had some live performance ehhehe

i know.. that place shoulda been demolished or something.. lol.. i wouldnt even know that place existed if my mom didnt know that place -rolleyes

15. BabyRain

^Your mom is right.. their sizzling is chiew bai! hehehe..
    All the times I have tried the sizzling lamb, it's delicious.. except for that last time I went there which was last year..

16. aishiteru4

aishiteru4 Well-Known Member

lol.. u must be the lucky ones.. must be ur face la!!! they say oh.. leng lui ok.. good food.. good cutlery.. good napkins.. when i was there.. it was shit shit shit
    eheheh

17. ah_wong201

ah_wong201 Well-Known Member

i ate a sea urchan sushi yesterday and when i put it in my mouth, the first bite almost made me yack. the taste was horrible.

18. asiangang

asiangang Well-Known Member

id have to say...durians...

19. robsh

robsh Well-Known Member

well i'm not really picky eater eats all kinds of stuff
    durian are the best man really tasty.............

20. Loreen66

Loreen66 Well-Known Member

A cake with molds on the bottom of it. Took two bites, tip it over, and -sick2.