Wonton recipe

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by lasalle, May 23, 2009.

1. lasalle

lasalle Well-Known Member

Guys - I want to make some wonton. If you know how, post your recipe and step by step instruction.. thanks in advance -nono

2. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

step by step wont help you at all...u gota google or youtube videos

3. bbgirlsum

bbgirlsum Well-Known Member

wontons? depends which type you want? the fully prawns one or the one with a bit of pork and prawns in? and whether it is in the soup or deep fried?

4. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Yeah, youtube vids are great tut, the important part is not to overflow the stuff inside the wonton and the skin must be pressed tightly so it doesnt rip during the cooking process.

5. bbgirlsum

^ LOL i always try and take the mick and stuff as much as i can xD but i think i have mastered it to the point where it doesn't break whilst cooking :D

Well this is the recipe that i use to make my wontons (for soup noodles)
    Ingredients
    Won Ton Pastry
    Pork (lots but usually half fatty half meat)
    Prawn (a few but it's totally up to you how many you want and it is optional if there's allergies)
    Shitake Mushroom (same as the prawns)
    Spring Onions (not too much)
    Bamboo Shoots (not too much)
    Sesame Oil

How to make it
    Take the pork, prawns, mushrooms, spring onions and bamboo shoots and chop them up then mince them together with 2 knives till it's all mushy and blended together
    Leave it in a container with a few drops of sesame oil and leave it in a fridge for about an hour
    Then just take a teaspoon as your average measurement of your filling
    then just make your wontons, if you want the shape you will have to youtube that because it's hard to explain by word xD

6. lasalle

lasalle Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the suggestion.. I did view the tutorial on youtube.. and made quite abit over the weekend. I think I must have gained 5 lbs.. eating this stuffs..

7. intraland

intraland Well-Known Member

haha down it with a bit of soup and you'll be fine =P

also I was wondering, do you guys use a bit of liquid egg to to have the wonton wrap seal and not undo? sometimes when i wrap the wontons it will break open because the wrap doesn't stick strong together enough.

8. Natsu

Natsu Well-Known Member

yeah i beat an egg or two and then just apply them onto the wonton wrap, put the filling in and then wrap it ~

9. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

The real pros have soup inside the wonton

10. hobogloves99

hobogloves99 Well-Known Member

^is that because the wonton broke or like u mean xiao long bao style?
    cos its just frozen stock.

11. bbgirlsum

no i don't but i think there is an act to actually seal it properly without egg, btu i think i do it jsut squeeze hard lol