WINDOWS 10

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by [N], Sep 30, 2014.

1. nikkyh

nikkyh Well-Known Member

I didn't try 8 either. I'm also doubtful that 10 will be like XP, staying strong for many years. 7 as the XP would be more like it.

Doubt it. Just boot 7 and important apps off an SSD and that's all you need. Unless you really need the new DirectX desperately, you probably don't need 10 any time soon.

Can anyone vouch for Windows 10 new web browser though? Edge vs Chrome test?

2. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

3. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Yep, Chrome is the way to go.

I rank extensions as my #1 priority. Because with extensions, it can help with ease of use which Mozilla has the edge on..

Looking at the speed and performance chart, Edge's performance really surprise me. I didn't really think there would be a very noticeable difference if you change browsers but if you look at the ESPN Load Time and TomsGuide Load Time, there's a HUGE difference, upwards of 20 seconds.

4. in real ll\iffe use, i dont feel like edge is that noticeably faster at loading

5. runtohell121

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Turnt everything off. I thought I had locations turned off already when I installed Windows 10.. but turns out I didn't.

7. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

8. Yeap, straight after install, I turned off a lot of "microsoft defaults' relating to privacy/location

What you waiting for @ b-lee

9. runtohell121

Here's a video showing what to turn off, etc.

10. Hartia

Hartia Well-Known Member

So all my devices are ready for upgrade. But will wait for the next patch before doing it. Heard there's still bugs and some things they need to fix first.

11. There's such a big focus on the privacy stuff with windows 10.... most average users won't even care/understand lol

12. runtohell121

Yeah, most average users wouldn't care that much about privacy. Probably your phone (Android or iOS) already knows a lot about you, might as well just let Windows :lol:

13. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

Playing it safe,. will get it in a month :shifty:

14. That's the thing, articles come out about user privacy etc... raises everyone's aleart levels and the mis-informed run around going, it's not secure blah blah blah... when youru phone probably knows WAY more about you especially if you have 'location services' on

15. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Rather than sleeping or hibernating, it just restarts my computer. And I'm 100% sure I didn't hit the restart.

Some people say to disable the mouse and keyboard from waking up the computer. Will have to try that tonight.

16. you mean you getting random reboots?

17. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

H!

Not random reboots, but when I hit the sleep or hibernate button, it restarts instead of doing what it should be doing.

I like it instead of the traditional shut down cause it takes a while for everything to load up. Especially when you start up chrome from a shut down, it takes a while to load the pages. But if you hibernate or sleep, then it cuts that time by half.

18. really? On my pc (given there's not much else installed on it) it boots up super quick. This is a silly question, but you've already gone into power options to configure the sleep and hibernate buttons to do that right? I set both to do nothing lol... I hate accidently tapping it and computer winds down on me :lol:

19. iksxc

iksxc Well-Known Member

Is this a physical button on your hardware or are you talking about the sleep within the power options in the start menu?

I upgraded my Surface 2 and the power options(sleep) within the start menu works fine.

20. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

I'm talking about the sleep/hibernate in the start menu. I have the mouse/keyboard wake disabled now, so I'll let you know what happens.