WINDOWS 10

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by [N], Sep 30, 2014.

1. so... got home all excited started to create usb install.... realized my d/l finished but didn't check it. Go to check it and find... its only 2.9 GB.... fml, re-downloading now

2. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

:lolwut:... Hope it is downloading faster now as it's been out for a day or so now..

3. much faster. its nearly done.. freaking day/night difference in speed from yesterday

4. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

Installed on vm ... allocated 32gb hd and 4gb ram; so far, it ran pretty smoothly. Of course, have not installed any apps.
    About 10gb installed for 64bit (still have 22.2gb on the allocated 32gb hd). Find the tablet / airplane mode to be totally weird. I know the OS is supposed to be for phone as well; but, still ... weird! Read abit online today at work and can't say I like wifi sense or the no password facial recognition biometric login.

Overall, look, feel and usability, to me, Win 10 has potential for upgrade, unlike Windows 8. Have fun ...

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. mmmmm installed on my pc... not as smooth as i had hoped. Forgot that it's an old machine ... getting spammed with missing drivers errors .

Looking to mobo site for updates. Once i've sorted that i'll fresh install on notebook. Hopefully that one is smoother cos it's slightly newer and the manufacturers site says it's compatible..

6. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Yea, definitely for newer device you'll have less drivers to install.

When I install Windows 7, I had to pop in the CD that came with my mobo for drivers, as well as my graphic card drivers.

Now, I only had to install graphic card drivers that had to be downloaded before hand since Windows 10 Drivers are new.

7. runtohell121

Just installed on my desktop, was missing the Nvidia GTX 460 driver after it first started, but Windows Update found it, though it did say it failed to update, after restart everything was fine.

8. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Interesting.. I got the 460SE but it didn't install the graphics for me. To be fair, I installed my graphics driver manually on the first boot so I never gave it a restart. But even after manually installing the drivers myself, it worked instantly. When it first booted, it only outputed to 1 monitor. After I installed the drivers (without reboot), it already outputted to both monitors.

9. blah... i'll have to wait til next week to try it out on my notebook... I use it for 'on-call' work purposes so can't take the risk this week of it being out of action ....

GHEY... really wanted to get in and embrace win 10

10. runtohell121

Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts
    shortcut.png

Source: The Verge

• Like Like x 1
  11. are you guys using cortana at all?

12. StephyLee

StephyLee Active Member

I have 4gb of internal storage space left on my tablet, so do I need to free up some more space in order to upgrade?

13. runtohell121

H!, nope.. not using cortana.. no mice on desktop and really don't care about voice assistant (never used on my phone either [Siri, Google Voice])

StephyLee you should try freeing up a little bit of storage just to allow it to download the update, but you could just try upgrading without freeing any storage. I think the upgrade can handle itself by deleting and reinstall programs if needed.

14. Window's 10 messed up my Sony laptop's stamina/performance mode switch. Won't switch to my AMD... stuck with INTEL. Don't think Sony will release an update for it...

15. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

They should release an update for Windows 10..

16. runtohell121

If it's an older laptop, AMD kind of stopped supporting older device.. at least from my experience.

17. Hartia

Hartia Well-Known Member

Tablet upgrade is different. The 18gb is for full pc/laptop requirements. For tablets, the install file is much different as it is a different device. Now since you're saying its a Win 8 tablet. You still have to keep it upgrade firmware and i think there will be a notification on when you can upgrade to 10. It'll be done in waves but you should get it soon.

The next thing is whether your device qualifies. I say qualify because I read somewhere that Surface Tab 2 do not. Or something like that. idr.

18. Hartia

Hartia Well-Known Member

Sony laptops doesnt have support anymore from what I heard. If anything, it makes me worried because my HP has switchable graphics. So its possible that that may screw up too. =/ this laptop has had no support since 2012.....

19. Well since I have a tower it doesn't really affect me too much. That laptop is for work anyways :/ but still would be nice to have that switch working again...

20. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Downgrade :kelefe: