WINDOWS 10

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by [N], Sep 30, 2014.

1. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Yea, I'm using display fusion right now. I'm not sure if it supports windows 10 though.

2. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

man im still on 8 coz my comp wont install 8.1

3. Hmm maybe display fusion 7.2 will work with windows 10. Saw some patch notes about windows 10 compatibility. I still have 7.1 right now tho.

4. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

I have 5.1.1 :whistle:

5. any bugs is it safe to DL? :shifty: :hmm:

6. iksxc

iksxc Well-Known Member

I didn't want to fuss with creating ISO or USB media, so went for the straight upgrade. Also, didn't want to fuss with re-activating if I were to install from DVD or usb image either.

Even though I perform a straight upgrade, I did try creating usb media. The funny error I've got at a certain point was "something happened" and nothing else. I thought that was hilarious.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I had that error too. I couldnt get window's update to download windows 10 so i created an ISO :p

8. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

iksxc _Fahrenheit_

I downloaded the Media Creation tool too. Tried creating and ISO but I had that same error. At least TELL me what the error is for god's sake. Might have to get the upgrade through other means :shifty:

I may suspect MAYBE because the servers are full? Will have to try again in a month to see if it (USB/ISO creation) works.

10240 is the RTM/Release build?

I'm still thinking whether or not to do a straight upgrade (which I have never done), or go the traditional fresh install.

9. iksxc

iksxc Well-Known Member

I've tried that and I did have an ISO file saved, the funny thing is I try to burn it to a DVD and the image is too big for a standard 4.7GB. LOL.

Side note:
    1. Even though I had the "Reserve your copy of Windows 10" icon, upgrade activation didn't work.
    2. Once upgraded, you have a Recovery option to go back to your previous OS version. The time limit is one month.
    3. Edge is nice! Web note feature is great if you have touch or pen input capability.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. iksxc

iksxc Well-Known Member

The start page format for Edge browser looks awfully like DA home page! ;)

11. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Screenshot it!

Don't think I'll be using Edge unless it comes with Adblock :kelefe:

12. Jeff Hmm ISO worked for me no problem using the media tool. I didn't even burn a copy lol, I mounted the iso using poweriso and upgraded it. No fresh install.

iksxc hmm... my iso is acutally only 3GB :eek:

#52 _Fahrenheit_, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  13. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Yea dude, I can't even create my ISO from the tool.

I am upgraded however. The upgrade process itself took almost an hour. Holy.

I wonder if I did a fresh install would it be faster excluding the time it takes to get all my program installed.

14. iksxc

iksxc Well-Known Member

Here you go, minimalistic...

Edge.PNG

15. iksxc

iksxc Well-Known Member

Mine came out over 5GB because I've include both x86 & x64 version. ;)

16. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

[​IMG]

Very nice. DisplayFusion is not needed anymore for two taskbars! You will need it if you want two different desktop wallpapers though (which I do). At least the version of DisplayFusion I have is still compatible.

17. I hate you all.... and hate my connection... still d/ling WTF

will be doing a clean/fresh install .. not upgrade. Doing PC first then wiping notebook (Y)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. iksxc

iksxc Well-Known Member

I must say, very impressed with this release so far! Here are some takeaways.

* File explorer much improved. Ribbon style uniform throughout. Tools options changes depending on file you'd selected.
    * Apps are responsive.
    * Configurations/settings are vastly improved with toggle style UI.
    * Besides alt-tab, Task View provide point and click app switching.
    * Cortana

Here's the kicker for me. Anyone put cell phone video in their PC knows their orientation is 90 degrees off. I'd a bunch of these before I upgraded from Windows 7. When I browse to that same folder after the upgrade, everything is displayed in the "correct" orientation. The Movies and TV app that defaults to playing these media file also play them in the correct orientation. Perhaps this feature already exist in Windows 8, but since I never try it I can't comment. I'm pleasantly surprised because normally this kind of "things just work" mentality just doesn't happen to MS products. :lol:

All in all, OS seems very polish. I would say anyone having the option and looking to upgrade, do it because TU :thumbsup2: for Windows 10.

19. finally finished d/l iso.... will do fresh install after work to see how it goes. (Y)

20. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Been a brutal few hours for me.

I got it to load, working. Found out my audio driver wasn't working, so I decided to install it back from the CD that came with my motherboard. The audio would output to my headset but not my speaker. And yes, I checked the Sound page to see the audio output; speakers wasn't even an option.

It crashes. Then it won't boot up. Had to system restore, which took forever.

Audio codec missing AGAIN, so I repeat the process. And yep, it crashes and couldn't boot. Had to system restore a second time.

This time, my audio drivers were there. So bless that.

One Thing that irritates me is that "My Computer" is now called "This PC". WTF.