WINDOWS 10

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by [N], Sep 30, 2014.

1. Hartia

Hartia Well-Known Member

Seems Win 10 doesnt like you at all.

2. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

My build is about 4-5 years old. So I'm not surprised if it already started acting up on me :lol:

3. Hartia

Hartia Well-Known Member

I havent been following your whole journey, but isnt it the settings that caused the issues. Probably wouldve been easier to format and reinstall or do a clean install. Make sure to back up all the naughty stuff so you dont have to request Shino for them again.

4. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

I did do a clean install.

I have to figure which USB I have plugged in that is preventing my computer from booting up.

5. iksxc

iksxc Well-Known Member

idk, if usb is preventing it from booting, I think you need a new one. LOL :lol:

6. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Something plugged in with the USB hub is preventing my computer from booting, cause once I remove it, it boots.

But that doesn't confirm my hibernate/sleep problem yet.

7. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

Still have to fix some configurations

8. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

I should also note that the power supply doesn't even power on when the USB is plugged in. Once I remove it, it powers up.

9. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

Sounds like some if not most of the problems is related to your computer *shrugs*

10. iksxc

iksxc Well-Known Member

Your troubleshooting seems so unorthodox! Like H! said, let's start with a baseline and that includes removing all your peripherals like the use of USB hubs. :p

11. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Like I said, I already restored my bios and power settings to default.

I'm literally running the same physical setup like I did in 7. Same ports for usb, etc.

12. Yo, I have the same issue too with USB sticks/devices.... it's to do with their format. If it's not formatted properly with a boot partition/boot img it prevents my notebook from booting up at all. if I remove it then restart, it works just fine.. not sure how that affects sleep/hibernate though

13. Hartia

Hartia Well-Known Member

I guess it has nothing to do with the boot sequence taking from the usb first?

14. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

It has NOTHING to do with your BIOS setting with your boot priorities. Why? Because with the USB hub plugged in, the computer won't even power on.

My computer booted up fine this morning. But when I went to hibernate last night, about 30 minutes into the hibernation, it booted up by itself. I was scared shitless for half a second cause it booted up by itself when I was already in bed.

Didn't have the patience to set it to hibernate again, so I just held the power button to turn it off.

15. Hartia

Hartia Well-Known Member

Is it a common issue people has had with Win 10?

16. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

No, it's just me. H!

17. runtohell121

Did your computer have any pending updates to be installed?

18. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Nope, I had that installed when I restarted my computer from setting my power and BIOS setting to default

19. runtohell121

Hmm.. Then I'm not sure what might be causing it to start up randomly...

On mine, it rebooted/started up because of a stupid update when I set my computer to sleep mode, so that's why I was wondering if it had any pending updates.

20. kinda super weird though Jeff

your situation got me intrigued so i started to google around... there's some mentions of hibernations not waking up again but not related to usb or anything... not 100% sure whats goign on with your setup though :wot: