WINDOWS 10

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by [N], Sep 30, 2014.

1. iksxc

iksxc Well-Known Member

With every new OS, the media usually make a big fuss with user privacy. I think it's especially true when it comes to MS. Although collection of data is common place, users should still try to educate themselves the best that they can. Here's another on how Windows 10 phones home regarding your privacy.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. iksxc

iksxc Well-Known Member

Dude, try today's cumulative update here. I've read it might resolve your issue.

3. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

Yup... people don't realize their smartphone actually collects the most data about you compared to your computer...

Yeah, most new upgrades now involve some privacy concerns. At least the users can turn off most if not all of the data collecting from the OS.

4. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Won't it automatically update for me cause Windows Update can't be disabled?

Anyways, will still have to test out if "disabling mouse and keyboard allow to wake computer" works. Already disabled, just have to sleep/hibernate it to test it out.

5. iksxc

iksxc Well-Known Member

You can always go into Windows Update and initiated yourself, why wait? A reboot is required for this update.

6. Hartia

Hartia Well-Known Member

Woooo all your issues, tells me to wait for fixes before installing =)

7. kevin

kevin RAWR!

On Windows 10 now! My PC was ready!

8. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

I'm pretty sure this issue is only me LMAO.

Anyways, didn't install the update yet but here's what I figured out.

1) Disabled mouse and keyboard from allowing to wake. Went to sleep. It wasn't rebooting. Powered up and while everything was powered up, my monitor was stuck at idle and moving my mouse or my keyboard couldn't wake my monitor up. Issue was half fixed.

2) Disabled only keyboard from allowing to wake. Went to sleep. Powered up and same shit, monitor could not be woken up.

3) Disabled only keyboard from allowing to wake. Went to hibernate, finally it booted up without problem.

It's funny because the same exact shit happened to me when I was on windows 7, but sleep worked and hibernate didn't. Now that I upgraded to 10, hibernate works and sleep doesn't.

9. iksxc

iksxc Well-Known Member

This thread might be able to help you out. I know it's for a specific type of hardware, but I'm fairly certain some of these driver issues are creeping up for a lot of folks. Since some of drivers are fairly common, that could be your issue too. I'll suggest the update first and then try installing drivers with compatibility mode. And btw, lots of people are having issues with sleep mode not coming out of sleep, so it's really not related to setting keyboard/mouse allowing to wake.

10. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Yea, I'm not gonna tinker too much with it now. Sleep or hibernate, as long as 1 works, it's fine. They're more or less the same anyways.

11. :eek2::eek2::fear2::blink::thumbsup2: ... that symptom + your troubleshooting method is soooo random? lol have never heard of such problems with sleep/hibernate?

other than this problem have you experienced any other problems?

12. Hartia

Hartia Well-Known Member

13. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Here is another problem I've encountered.

So I went to hibernate last night since from my last troubleshooting, hibernating was what worked. Granted, there was probably a minute between a hibernate and the power up.

When I powered my computer today, it wouldn't even power on. I was like, fuck, what is it now?

The fix was, unplug the battery(power chord), hold the power button for a bit, then plug the battery back in.

I DID change something in the BIOS about my mouse waking my computer to enabled, but I don't think that was the issue.

There is something wrong with my computer, it's not the OS. I don't think it's a coincidence to have problems on Windows 7 and 10 with sleep/hibernation. I just can't pinpoint whether what's part is flawed.

14. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

15. iksxc

iksxc Well-Known Member

So your problem exist prior to the upgrade? In that case, I guess you're right not to blame it on the current upgrade. LOL. :lol::lol:

16. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Yea, I think I said my problem was there in Windows 7 in a previous post. Sleep works and hibernate doesn't in 7. Now in 10, hibernate works and sleep doesn't.

Hopefully I don't have to reset my computer like that tomorrow. I will have to see if it's a coincidence whether or not I couldn't power up my computer this morning.

17. Jeff, reset bios settings to default... then in OS set power settings to default... and see how you go. You're changing to many things at the same to to pinpoint. baseline with defaults first man... if the prob exists on defaults, it's your mobo/hardware

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. iksxc

iksxc Well-Known Member

Agree!! :chowthumb:

19. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

Alright. I restart my PC. Went into my BIOS, restore to default. It couldn't boot up again.

Even tried the hard reset, couldn't boot up. Then i searched on my phone for possible fix; read something about a USB interfering. So I pulled all USB out and it booted up.

Now, I'm going to restore my power settings to default and try it again (Edit Plan Setting-> Advanced Power Settings). I will have to let you know the results tmr because I didn't have problem with hibernating for 2-3 minutes, but a 6+ hour hibernation had problems.

Edit: Would also like to add that Windows 10 default drivers has my speakers fucked. Even though I have only 1 audio jack, I have 5 speakers. The setting is on stereo so all should work.

#200 Jeff, Aug 6, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2015