Windows 10 Installation

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by BestOffer, Jul 30, 2015.

1. BestOffer

BestOffer Well-Known Member

If you need to install or reinstall Windows 10, you can use the tools on this page to create your own installation media using either a USB flash drive or a DVD.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

0.png

1.png
    2.png
    3.png

How to use the media creation tool
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

The best way I would suggest is to clean install your Windows 7 or 8 to the computer, without any Windows Updates, download the tool and upgrade your current Windows to Windows 10. This process will register your hardware so that any future re-installs will not require a serial key entered, all you have to do is click SKIP and after the installation, your OS will say "registered".

What I would be doing is after W10 upgrade, you can wipe the computer again and perform a CLEAN install, that way you have nothing but W10 from scratch. Create a backup image of your PC with just W10 + updates and/or PC with W10 + all applications etc.

2. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

BestOffer first comeback posts? :shifty:

I think this method, your mileage may vary. I would get to 70%~ and then "something happened". Microsoft doesn't even tell me what the error is. Some people's work, some don't. Mine didn't.

3. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

In order to fix the "Something Happened" problem..

You just have to go to Control panel> Language and region> Go to region for United states and then you go to Administrative tap and change the language to English (United state).

I found this solution on reddit and it solved my problem as my default language was set English (Canada)... Make sure you also go to Administrative tap and change the language to English (United States).

4. Jeff

Jeff 神之馬壯

AC0110 I saw that "fix" on reddit too, didn't work for me :john2: