Window Vista

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by FaNta134, Mar 12, 2007.

1. DragonK550i

DragonK550i Well-Known Member

i did that and it made me miss vista then i change it to vista.... then made me change back to xp.... now vista permanently lol.

2. an0nymous

an0nymous Well-Known Member

vista wasn't very good because alot of software wasn't compatible with it but these days most company makes vista version stuff as well. im gonna try vista again very soon since sp1 is out. waiting for the windows 7

3. philz40

philz40 Well-Known Member

vista really as bad as wat ppl say, however seriously dont get why vista sumtimes freezes up my games.... got to restart in mid game .. haiz...

4. sars4tw

sars4tw Well-Known Member

Yup, Vista is currently the main OS on the market and they have discontinue selling XP copies in stores a while ago now. If you want XP you have to request it and pay extra $$ to the manufacturer when purchasing a new computer. Wait for windows 7, it'll be great, I'm sure(at least I hope).

5. Natsu

Natsu Well-Known Member

Vista is pretty nice OS, buggy at first when i got it, now its running fine. although downside is, cant play some of the old games i want to play on it. i.e Command and Conquer: Generals :(

6. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

it must take alot of work to do a search.
    threads merged.

Knoc

7. instantnoodlesXP

instantnoodlesXP Well-Known Member

well i have 3 gigs running with vista. But recently i saw an HP pavillion with 5 gigs!!! xD 64-bit....omg. -__-
    but seriously with 3 gigs running on xp 64-bit, you'd be in heaven. I think i'm getting the performance of about 1 gig with xp right now, which sucks.

8. for some reason my XP is lagging everytime i right click.... no idea why... it lags opening up files longer than its suppose too

9. gordonng85

gordonng85 Well-Known Member

Vista is such an eye-candy.

10. wlee15

wlee15 Member

Virtually any software that works on XP will work on Vista 32-bit. 64-bit is a bit more tempermental but isn't much of an hassle either.

11. many ppl disklike vista because it requires more ram and a higher quality of computer to runs it smoothly unlike XP, you can have 512MB ram and works fine.
    my cousin told me vista is recommend AT LEAST 2 GB of ram to run smoothly. i think ultimate is the best, there are more features yet of course, the price is much higher compares to the other version.
    i use vista ultimate with 3 GB ram, it works fine ^^

12. my dude installed it for me and it always hogs up 100% of my cpu and i can't do anything else. i can't even surf the web with it. and the sidebar is annoying. i dont use it.

back to xp i go. but how? where's the button to click to revert? ay yah

13. -Tisken-

-Tisken- Well-Known Member

hm... compared to Mac OS , vista is nothing.... =)