Window Vista

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by FaNta134, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Jimmo

Jimmo Well-Known Member

So can someone tell me if I should get vista? or does it still have TONS of bugs, and I heard some online games won't run on vista, is that true?

2. ksc4life

ksc4life Well-Known Member

wow if i was you i take the previous the XP!!!

3. SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988 ~ TVB ADDICT ~

Yeah, stick with XP !! Soo much faster!

4. -Tisken-

-Tisken- Well-Known Member

well... i have vista running on my pc. If u have a good pc i prefer vista.. sure it takes lots of rams but if u have 2GB... xD
    many ppl said it has lots of bugs etc. but i think its ok... i cant find any bugs on my pc. and games are running well...

5. edli888

edli888 Active Member

As with all Microsoft software, wait for at least SP1 before purchasing it.

6. kampungboy

kampungboy New Member

i recommend home premium if u want more features coz home basic has only standard features. Not necessary to have 1gb of ram. 512 is sufficient but of coz 1gb is better or even 2gb will be more powerful

7. dragong87

dragong87 Well-Known Member

i'm running premium on my laptop..:( not good...
    my antivirus isn't compatible... can't compile codes. ..
    it's not bad... but i'd wait a while until things get fixed up... stay with xp!!

8. like i said multiple times... vista blows lol

9. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

man..shits just gettin repetitive now..hahah

10. loup

loup Active Member

The big issue with Vista I think is this bug:
    http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1358057&SiteID=17

I suggest you wait till service pack 1 is out to get it and avoid Ultimate Edition because at the moment there aren't any worthwhile Extras to justify the huge price difference unless you really need the 15 language packs.

Every Editions come with both the 32bit and 64bit version.
    For 64bit installation here's a good place if you have any trouble with drivers, codecs, etc: http://www.vistax64.com/

As for media centre issues go here: http://thegreenbutton.com/

11. Petster

Petster Member

my computer isn't enough powerful to support this windows

12. karyn89

karyn89 Well-Known Member

vista sucks...i regret cox buying new pc wif vista..damn..vista din support any online games...

13. MLAM

MLAM Well-Known Member

I have no on hand experience with Vista but my friend bought it and he said it was nice but it had a lot of flaws in it and very inconsistant,

He has now gone back to XP and awaits SP1 for Vista

14. bbes

bbes Incredible

i have vista on my laptop but thats cos it came with it. if ur thinking of upgrading to vista there's no point in it rele as the difference i see is that it is just more aesthetically pleasing. the features are basically the same with the new features not being that much more useful. also windows xp uses less ram and would prob run faster if u have an older comp and there are a few areas in vista which is rele annoying such as having to press continue even when ur administrator if u want to move a file from one user to another or when installing a program. it is also annoying how older anti-virus and firewall programs don't work which forces u into getting a new one.

15. sars4tw

sars4tw Well-Known Member

Vista

i don't know if anyone started a thread and too lazy to go through the X amount of threads lol so, I just recently installed vista. I have to admit, vista isn't as bad as people say it is. The new interface is really sexy! The transparencies, and the mini tools and such. Down side of it is requires too much memory. A side from my computer restarting itself when ever it wants vista is great I'd say. Any one else had minor, major issues with Vista? What do you like and don't like about it?

16. exiled

exiled Well-Known Member

i run vista on my laptop and i dont think its too bad. just tweak it a bit like turn off user account control and make a back up img of your hard drive and turn off system restore and its a pretty good operating system. i dont see why people complain about it so much. i use 4 gigs of ram even tho vista can only recognize 3.2 gigs of it because it is 32 bit. i think its a great os anyways.

17. DragonK550i

DragonK550i Well-Known Member

I LIKE VISTA and have no problem using it. lol i like vista better then xp the only thing i dont like vista is cant use hack.

18. BigM

BigM Well-Known Member

It's a good OS. Just found it extremely buggy when I got it last year. Still has minor problems *Glares at Apple and iTunes* and its frustrating that third parties don't fix up obvious software problems.

19. tomatoman

tomatoman Well-Known Member

I like the overall layout of it...smoother and sexier than XP...and definitely easier to do stuff like searching and organizing files......although the aero function is too hyped - up.....not really that special......

However...i do hate that stupid vista error while playing games.... Keep on hanging and saying my nvlddmkm part is unplugged and blah blah blah......till now still cant get the bug to stop....zzzzzzz ....search online oso no complete solution to it.....

20. runtohell121

runtohell121 ........................

i have vista on all my computer... i'm thinking about getting a netbook and putting xp home on it though... lol