Window Vista

Discussion in 'Science, Technology & Car Chat' started by FaNta134, Mar 12, 2007.

1. FaNta134

FaNta134 Member

which version is better...i heard it's recommended at least 1gb of ram to operate?

2. rootlinux

rootlinux Member

too bad... i dont have 1gb ram, :(

what processor is ideal for vista?

3. itzd0pey

itzd0pey Well-Known Member

vista is a bit glitchy..

4. reno

reno Well-Known Member

wat do u mean by "version"
    as in ultimate etc?
    well obviously the higher ones have more features, but at the end of the day, do u really use it?

just see wat its like from ur friends who have it
    if u don't use the features, no point in spending for it

plus windows has always been glitchy regardless
    but most ppl still use it

5. jnetcube5

jnetcube5 Well-Known Member

i think home premium is much more reasonable for average people.

6. saikira

saikira Well-Known Member

i think everyone will get home edition one basic
    cost less, but still tha same deal

7. The_Jelly

The_Jelly NSFW? :P

Download vista in a year or two. Its not worth it right now.

8. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

and another vista thread.

9. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

if u geting vista now u beetter get teh premium and not home basic...because vista can chek on ur computer and delete wat they want...i decidd not to get it

10. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

the only reason to get vista is for direct X10 gaming IMO... and i cant afford a DX10 capable graphics card at the moment anyway, so i have no use for vista

11. lee337x

lee337x Member

Where u hear that from??

12. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

in the agreement it says taht microsoft can go in ur computer anytime and delete stuff cause they don't want illegal software or something like that...unless u disconnect ur internet they can go on ur comp anytime....some1 bak me up on this with more info

13. Onehmongboi

Onehmongboi Member

vista is way better...i think the standard require only like 512mb of ram to operate...

14. ya ok 512... thats a hell of a lot for those with a gig or less of ram.

its a freaking power hogger, and its soo slow.

unless you buy a brand new computer, or you have a good custom one, those with old ones shouldn't us it. instead, if you really want vista, but have a crap pc like mine, just get the transformation pack for xp. vista look, xp base, same power usage.

15. frikandel

frikandel Member

16. AVANT

AVANT Well-Known Member

I have 2 gigs on my laptop, and i notice that I use up 1gig of ram way too easy. I am using a legit version of vista home premium.

17. vista is a bitch. microsoft is a bitch.

my dad was looking for a new laptop, and on the way back from store he told me that microsoft hired some people to buy off all of the XP PCs so they force you to buy vista.... and also, when you do buy the laptop, with xp, it comes with the xp cd, but with vista, when you reformat, you lose vista... so you dont get a vista cd....

i was looking at the laptops at the store, and all of them, while idling, take up between 36% to 60% of the ram (1G and 2Gs)... WHILE IDLING!! imagine what would happen if you were to play a massive game.... or run autocad.....

not only that, video cards are changed to shared memory.. even taking more resources out of your ram.... before, it was dedicated memory, now its shared.... what bullshit is that...

in short:

MICROSOFT CAN SUCK MY BALLS. i have my own OS. bitch.

18. Sz1hart

Sz1hart Member

How does your dad know that? I feel that your unware of whats going on. If order to push the sales of new hardware, pc, software, they are pushing Vista to increase sells in the pc market by having higher requirements. Its not soley Microsoft fault.

Even if Microsoft wanted to discontiune XP, they wouldn't have to buy their copy back...OEM companies simply want more sells of high end parts for larger profit which is why they(OEM companies) discontiune the sells of XP systems. That and they get a discount from Microsoft for pushing sells of Vista. Purely marketing.

The ram issue could simply be because of OEM tend to fill the pcs with unwanted junk.

not only that, video cards are changed to shared memory.. even taking more resources out of your ram.... before, it was dedicated memory, now its shared.... what bullshit is that...

Laptop GPU, have largely been based on shared memory for several years now. The only excetion would have to be highend models in laptops that go over 2k. Another sideaffect of marketing.

This is how its with pretty much every OEM, dell doesn't give you the CD unless you pay extra (exclude High-End models) or ask for it.

Sure...what is your OS call?. Quit judging something that you haven't even used yet. At lease provide something to back you up instead of opinion.

This may be so, heck it may even be in XP agreement. But its unlikey Microsoft will search EVERY (or any for that matter on), why waste resouces? The difference between the 2 model is that home premium comes with Aero...

Sure, Vista takes alot of resource but it also makes better uses of them now. I'm unaware how the other version (low end), but some may not have the need to go Vista just yet. If you do see if you can test it out on a desktop or something in store to get a feel of things.

Wasn't trying to be an ass, just stating a fact. Opinions can be a bitch sometimes :D

19. littlemanxp

littlemanxp Member

i heard you cant play shooting games like cs on vista

20. yo Sz1hart. xp being bought by other hired peeps from microsoft its all over the net.

anyways, im too lazy to type debate with you. yea opinions can be a bitch. it can also piss people off.

ive used vista already, and i hate it.

i wasnt making a claim. i say vista sucks so thats my opinion, and i dont need to back it up. let it be the best os out there. it still sucks.

my opinion: vista can still suck my balls like i said previously.

oh and what is my os called? you dont need to know.