Will you teach your kids Chinese?

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by the_alphabetman, Jan 17, 2007.

1. linanna

linanna Member

definately will

2. kevin

kevin RAWR!

No doubt that my kids are gonna learn Cantonese, too bad chinese schools are limited these days in the UK...

3. EuroRocket

EuroRocket Member

Yes, I definitely will, but that depends on whether or not I have kids. I will try to immerse them in some of the customs my parents and grandparents taught me.

4. boredChatty

boredChatty New Member

of course, but I am concern will they get confuse if I teach them all.

5. pobox557

pobox557 Well-Known Member

lol.... if and when i do have kids then yes i would teach 'em...... but what would i teach 'em...... cantonese or hakka? both?

6. xsugarx

xsugarx Well-Known Member

Most definitely would teach them chinese. It's an awesome language and I totally regret not paying attention in chinese school on sundays which is why i can't read or write chinese X_X

7. pobox557

pobox557 Well-Known Member

lol....... hmmmm...... i think thats goes for about 99% of the oversea born chinese. A good generation of not being able to read or write, but can speak and understand....... barring my brother who cant do any

8. sonicbreeze

sonicbreeze Well-Known Member

sure..y not..china is getting more powerful and predicted will cross over US..its time to learn chingchong..

9. paula_ilo

paula_ilo Member

i will def teach my kids chinese, i'm born in toronto canada and im quite good with my canto because of my parents and would love it to trickle down to my kids as well.

10. RainingIce

RainingIce Well-Known Member

i'd try probably.. don't know if i have that kind of ability though.. can't read or write much

11. mylin2

mylin2 New Member

i would definitely teach my kids chinese b/c it's such a useful language these days!

12. NotaHandler

NotaHandler Well-Known Member

Yes i will for sure
    i wish pushed more to learn both canto and mando
    but i will definitely force them to learn it!
    esp. mando its like taking over the world...

13. superviper

superviper Well-Known Member

oh yes for sure my kids will learn chinese. it is always a benefit if you know second language.

14. Loo Thien

Loo Thien New Member

I totally agree.

15. yellowkk

yellowkk Active Member

Going to try and teach them, Mandarin will definately be useful for them in the future!

16. yui moy

yui moy New Member

i want my kids to learn chinese, but i know they will be like me and not show much interest. Instead i will introduce that to them in high school and college. I pushed away chinese class when i was a kid and missed my opportunity in high school. I took my first chinese class in college but i wished i took the opportunity in high school.

17. d_catrin

d_catrin Member

of course

18. benwong

benwong New Member

Teaching chinese to my kids is essential. I have learned that to understand a new language is to accept a new culture and open more doors in ones life.

19. dmkl

dmkl New Member

Would love to teach my kids cantonese. Unfortunately don't think I'll be able to as my canto isn't good enough. so would prob get them to learn off my parents or send them to chinese school. But chinese school was a bit rubbish as i recall. they only read passages out to you and you just had to write certain words over and over again. wasn't that helpful to me hence my rubbish canto.

but having kids seems so far away

20. mage4life

mage4life Well-Known Member

I would definitely teach my kids chinese