Why is God used as a swear word?

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by chickenutbread, Aug 21, 2007.

1. chickenutbread

chickenutbread Well-Known Member

I'm not asking the question because I have an answer to it. I'm looking for an answer.

Part I
    [youtube]Fohrk2jt0LA[/youtube]
    Part II
    [youtube]hkp-UjtlMBU[/youtube]

What happened to those good old clean movies like "It's a Wonderful Life" with (as I recall) Humphrey Bogart? I'm not saying movies should be banned. But it is possible to make a movie without influencing kids in such a way that they all learn how to swear by age 5.

2. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

y r u lookin at god videos? =p

3. chickenutbread

^because i find them interesting? is that a crime? lol. that's why it's in the 'Philosophy/Religion' section.

ohh yeaaah. and did you go to the Benny Hinn thing?

4. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

Maybe not the best answer, but God is the most common name to swear with since I would think that almost 80% of the world if not more would have heard of the name "God" in some way, whereas the name of saints or deity of other religions are not as widespread.

5. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

i was working!!
    omg benny hinn is a SCAM..he made like 2 million...from donations and like selling books and cd's and stuff!! CON ARTIST...he takes CREDIT CARDS for donation during the service!! like WTFFF SCAMM and he DOES NOT heal ppl

6. Dont worry about the scamming, if anything, pray for him, afterall; he's gona have to stand before God and explain what he was doing with God' money. i wouldn't like to be in Mr. hinn' shoes, thats for sure.

7. chickenutbread

so if you were working that means you wouldn't know whether he heals people or not, eh?? -huh haha.

and how do you know about the credit cards and everything? as for the healing i think it takes faith. do you have? :p

#7 chickenutbread, Aug 22, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2007
  8. nyckeion

nyckeion ....Boo....

i guess they make it seem more powerful when u use the world god

9. wind2000

wind2000 Self Schemata

Having faith doesnt necessary means healing wor. :)

10. chickenutbread

^hey, that's why i said "i think it takes faith". i didn't say faith automatically brings healing. :p

11. ab289

ab289 Well-Known Member

^ so does that mean we should all stop watching hollywood movies? let's all watch bollywood; we will not be offended then ... coz we don't understand what they are talking / cursing about

12. im quite sure thay have fan subs for u to understand all the curse words :p

13. chickenutbread

hey, it's for you to judge. so do as you want.