Why do you live?

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by AnAddict, May 18, 2007.

1. Tangdynasty88

Tangdynasty88 Active Member

Whats not to live for?

This question is tough, but for me it was rather what flow in life i am walking toward. I'm walking towards a nice simple life, being with the one i love and just to experience that feeling you come home and you see your lover and child run up to you with open arms calling daddy. Kind of silly i know but its something i want to happen. And with things going to find the one is getting harder and harder.>.<

2. Brian_T23

Brian_T23 Member

haha just learned this in class today

thers really no purpose to life. everything you do is pointless. do do something is pointless, to not do something is pointless.

the purpose of life is to satisfy the id.

3. spawn92704

spawn92704 Active Member

You live to support your family and friends.

4. jklee369

jklee369 Well-Known Member

i live for fun and the joy of having one own family (In the future)

5. I live in the hope that life's worth living. Much like watching a movie: you just don't walk out at the sad or tragic moments. You just shut up, shove a mouthful of popcorn into your mouth, and hope for a happy ending. Ditching it just means you just wasted eleven bucks you aren't going to get back.

Also, this brings to mind a proverb that is worth quoting (I doubt I can remember it verbatim however):

6. zeelio

zeelio Member

I dont know y people are alive or why some die and some live.... but you only have one life to live so try to live it the best you can.. And if possible, do something with it.. and if not, just enjoy it

7. jackycheunglove

jackycheunglove Active Member

i live to enjoy life in every way that i can.. i'll have it no other way

8. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

I live because I was borned -_-