Why do the mods allow SPAM???

Discussion in 'The Rant Section' started by Lychee, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Lychee

Lychee Well-Known Member

I've noticed that there seems to be an increasing number of spammage being made here in the forum as of late.

Some members are posting the most random things in certain threads and having side conversations on subjects that have nothing to do with the original topics whatsoever. By doing this, not only have they completely defeated the thread-starters' purpose for creating the thread, they are also discouraging other members in the forum from contributing to the thread.

So my question is, why are the mods allowing this?

My reasonings for those who spam are as follows:
    -desperately trying to seek post counts
    -boredom (in which case, go create your own thread in the "off-topic" forum!)

I hope the mods are planning to do something about this issue soon.

2. renegade_cash

renegade_cash Well-Known Member

oh i dont feel there is a need for such seriousness is there lychee? i mean, does it really matter if some people have more post counts. And if they like it what harm does it do to anyone else anyways. even if threads become off topic at times, its all in fun and i think it is just fine

3. Lychee

Lychee Well-Known Member

I guess my initial post did give off a very "urgent" feel. I didn't mean for anything TOO serious to be enforced. One thing I like about PA is that it isn't as strictly regulated as other forums, and thus we are given a lot of freedom to express. However, I think some members abuse this privilege and are taking it a bit too far. Certain topics were created and meant to be taken seriously, but some folks turned them into some sort of joke. Most of the comments being made are also very childish, with members calling each other "gay" and "stupid" back and forth as some form of amusement. I just don't think it's very appropriate. Again, it also discourages other members who have something intelligent to say to reply to the topic.

I think that a little spammage here and there is okay, but pages and pages of random conversations shouldn't be tolerated. It is especially disrespectful to whoever created the thread.

I hope I'm not the only one here that feels this way. -huh

4. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

want more spam control? go to AF...I dont like that place....

EDIT:

Also, we love the mods and the mods love us :D...where else u gunna find a site with free downloads, loose spam control..lovely mods..and cool members?

5. aussiekid

aussiekid Well-Known Member

oh well wid spam, that's d way to increase posts very fast.. moreoverr there's a VIP contest rite.. for ppl with around 4k post.. so.. lol

6. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

are you saying we spam? huh? yeah im talking to you....i feel high offened...our spam entertains ppl!!

7. taichi_masta

taichi_masta Well-Known Member

If ppl shared their msn...there would be no need for spam =P

8. hkm91450

hkm91450 Well-Known Member

Ya, I've noticed it too, and will admit, I've taken part in those off-topic, side-conversations.

But they eventually get back on topic ...

I've never really been to other forums before, so I can't judge how loose or how strict our mods are. :p

But this forum is #1 for sure!

9. quite frankly i know who you are talking about -lol and yes it does piss me off sometimes but its not spam... at least they are sentences..

as long as its not constantly posting one word replys and not offending other members...its fine with me.. you gotta lightening up PA is a place to chill and relax unlike other forums *ahem* where MODS are all a**holes and strict.
    -cool

10. don

don ello

hmmm i do sometimes go into a different topic........well i like PA since there's not as many rules as other forums so it's just like another home to me hehe

11. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

and thats why i love you

12. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

its a valid point raised. sometimes threads do go off topic, but they are eventually brought back on topic. You gota underatand, you can't just rely on the mods, get involved. If ur in a discussion, and the thread goes wayward, do your part as a member to keep in on track. Mods are not the only one incharge of a forums, members also have to do their part to contribute. With the post count for vip, that 4k means nothing, you have to past the mods screening process. Not everyone with 4k will automatically get vip status. Also, you were stating about the immaturity level, what else can you expect, majority of the members here are quite young. And I do feel the mods are doing a great job of keeping things clean and relaxed around here.
    Knoc

13. aussiekid

aussiekid Well-Known Member

nvm d spam.. but it's kinda cool to see ppl from other cultures/communities of wat they think etc..

14. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

*hands up* sorry i go quite off topic sometimes, but hey you get caught up in the moment and to be honest its nothing too serious. One way or another it will get back on track.

If people want to post, i dont think they are discouraged by off topic stuff, ive seen plenty of times people posting serious answers in the middle of offtopic discussion.

And how else are we gonna get VIP status -lol

Sorry once again ;)

15. LoL! I confess I go off topic alot...sorry ppl >.<"

16. ahhamah

ahhamah Well-Known Member

You have to realize the age range in this forum goes from 12-50 so you're gonna bump into some childish people. Seriously you'll just have to accept the fact that people like to joke around...many don't go to the internet to look for a strong debate. -rockon

17. Yeh I mean its just some harmless fun, dun take things too seriously la! Take it easy ;)

18. EvaxTvxQ

EvaxTvxQ Well-Known Member

ok, i admit i'im one of those who does side convo and other stuff
    but iono its fun..
    man, are the mods goin to have those rules thingy like other forums..T_T
    cause i hate those rules!! ahh!
    the reason why i like this forum is becasue theres no rules..
    T_T..but iono...

^hehe i also agree wif evil_mui
    its fun..lol cause thats how we get to know each other better right? ;)
    inner personalities..LOL

19. person

person Well-Known Member

Yeah, sometimes I'll go onto some threads, and be like, dude the hell are they talking about? But... meh. It's not that big of a problem.
    They allow this... cause they're nice people? lol.

20. this is cool... people are confessing so i dont have to name the people..... -lol