Who's been to Vietnam? Relate ur experiences!

Discussion in 'Vietnamese Chat' started by Myolie88, Dec 5, 2005.

1. tWiNs_4_LiFe

tWiNs_4_LiFe Well-Known Member

I haven't been to vietnam before but my uncle recently went and brought back some photos and I think it's a great place but could be improved!!!

2. tWiNs_4_LiFe

tWiNs_4_LiFe Well-Known Member

some products are cheap but some are very expensive..

3. aknpr

aknpr Member

i went this summer
    theres a lot of foreigners
    its very modern now, so different from what i remembered

4. ug1yu

ug1yu Active Member

Just got back from Vietnam on the 12th.
    U can probably get away with alot of thing if you have money. Most Custom and police are corrupt.

Food is very cheap in most part of Vietnam but at some place it can be twice as exspensive as any High Class restaurant in Cali.

Saigon scare the shit out of me. No fuking rules or regulation on the road. Place is extremely hot and humid. Not to mention its really hard to breathe. And there is alot of thieves in saigon. Two skinny ass Vietnamese try to jack my cellphone but got their ass beat by me and three of my cousins. And when the police came they wanted money so $20 buck did the trick.

Next went to Song Mao and got rob by my mom side of the family. Spent over $25k to build a new 4 story house for them. Plus passing around 10k to other loose relatives and mom old friends.

Overall Vietnam is very peaceful and stress free. Way different from Cali. I'm already planning to go there again on jan. 2007.

5. LMAO you kicked their asses??! ahahahhaha thats pretty funny lol

never been to vietnam, and i dont think my family will wanna go back lol

6. silent_tearz

silent_tearz Member

Vietnam would be pretty boring if you didn't know someone who knew the place. But on a better note, my experiences of Vietnam have been great. Everything there is so cheap. The food is really good, esp. (a bowl of pho which costs about 18 000 dong) and the experiences and atmospheres at clubs are some of the best i have encountered. The shopping there is also great.

7. vn is great....the food is good n fresh...lots of nice places...clubs tight...

8. tdmt

tdmt Well-Known Member

not all vietnam is about nature. try sai gon

9. tdmt

tdmt Well-Known Member

you should go there with friends or family. otherwise it will be kinda boring. unless
    know some locals to show you around

10. tdmt

tdmt Well-Known Member

yep. clubs are tight. but the drinks are just as expensive

11. tdmt

tdmt Well-Known Member

if you love night life, you should come to sai gon

12. ug1yu

ug1yu Active Member

I'm heading back to VN again this summer. Is there any places that is worth visiting. The last time i went it was pretty damn boring all i did was visit relatives pass out money.

13. daiii

daiii New Member

Yes night club, go on a tour, try local food, best if you have someone that can show you around though...Oh yeah dont bring your wallet with you just bring Vietnamese money and put it in your pockets since they dont even check your ID over there. Massage is a nice place to try if you havent try it..

14. Aznrace7

Aznrace7 Member

well for those people in Americal under 21 and loves drinking...Vietnam is heaven on earth......plus the clubs r easy to get into..........some u dont have to be 17 others u do but if u look 17 ull get in :p

15. ncyd

ncyd Member

i think VN is like any other country; you have to be careful with your purse and stuff. when i was back there i decided to go on a road trip so i went to binh chau (suppose to have hot-spring and mud-bath), but it was only hot water in a swimming pool.-lol

16. i live in vietnam before then i move to usa but vietnam is really petty and is the thing there is really nice