Who's a better actress--Shirley Y., Bernice L., or Kate T.?

Discussion in 'The Brink Of Law - 突圍行動' started by joceyz, Jan 20, 2007.

1. joceyz

joceyz Member

I know that they were all selected to be on TVB by "selling" their faces and figures at the Ms. HK/CI pageants. But are they all really good at acting??? Personally, I still think they need much more improvement; after all, they don't even have degrees in Performing Arts from college. By the way, did they even finish college?!?

2. rsx

rsx Well-Known Member

Bernice is definitely the best one of the three. Her acting and appearance has definitely improved greatly.
    Shirley Yeung is average, not too great, yet not too bad.
    Lastly, I find it ironic you say they were selected by "selling" their faces, because Kate isn't pretty at all and can't act either.

3. xlilxjadex

xlilxjadex Member

hahas!! i think ill go for BERNICE as of now, cuhs shirley is just plain evil in this drama, and ii dont like jealously girls xD jk jk! well shes okay.. and for kate. a newbie, in actting but i might end up liking her cuhs shes with ron xD

4. tink

tink Member

kate....she could do much better so ill stick with bernice she's good....but she ends up with steven not ron................>.< !!!

5. mizappie

mizappie Member

well its really weird to see shirley act as an evil character..this might be a challenge for her..overall i think shirley has the most experience and is the best out of the three..bernice is next and kate is last because she is still a newbie but her acting is pretty good for a newcomer

6. gotbeef

gotbeef Member

I found Shirley's acting better than the other two. She is doing the evil character which is alot more difficult perform.

7. teddybear

teddybear Member

Bernice ofcourse!

8. baby_tinker

baby_tinker Member

Bernice!!!!! All the way...

9. omg when Bernice came out i totally dislike her acting it was so off i dunno bout now though never liked her

10. sillierabbit

sillierabbit Well-Known Member

I like Bernice so much now =) lol. I use to think she was another pretty face but then her acting is SOO much better now. I like it a lot. Shirley has always been Shirley I guess, it's whatever. Kate is HORRIBLE lol. I mean yes she is new, but dang she is horrible. I remember when Linda Chung was in Always Ready (which was her first major role), Linda was 10000x better than Kate >< Anyways yah those are my 2 cents haha

11. eason41

eason41 Well-Known Member

bernice bcuz she seems more mature and real compared to the other two

12. Where did Kate come from? >.<

Hmm...I think Bernice and Shirley are improving :)

13. joceyz

joceyz Member

I believe I read somewhere (probably from Wikipedia) that Kate had studied abroad in the U.S. for some time, before she entered the pagaents. And, although I didn't have faith in any of the three actresses at first, I grew to like Bernice much better than the rest. Why? Because of the crying scene when Kenneth's character died--so sad. Bernice actually had all the right expressions and even had tears in her eyes, while you could tell that Kate was trying EXTREMELY hard to "squeeze" out her tears. Nevertheless, I think Bernice has made a tremendous improvement since Into Thin Air. Way to go!!

14. samixx

samixx New Member

i think bernice is

15. j_29

j_29 Active Member

i agree that bernice has improved greatly and shirley is surprisingly good as a hostile character because she really got me to hate her in this series lol
    as for kate, she is doing a lot better than toby when toby debuted in men in pain. at least she has better expression of her emotions in sad or happy scenes.

16. korx

korx Well-Known Member

I don't think any of them are that great. Berinice is the best looking one followed by Kate. Why did Shirley even win an award this year? She wasn't that great. I think evil roles fit her more. I get the 'Chucky' kinda feel from her.

17. Pochacco3

Pochacco3 Member

1. bernice
    2. shirley
    3. kate - still a newcomer, just keep improving

18. cyrus

cyrus Well-Known Member

1. bernice Liu
    2. Shirley Yeung
    3. kate - so-so

but i would say....Shirley Yeung is a bitch (just in this series)......

19. joycesays

joycesays Well-Known Member

i say bernice, then shirley and then kate. kate has improved a lot since her first series but she still ranks below the other two. however, in this particular series i think shirley's acting is better than the other two.

20. Dokk

Dokk Active Member

Definitely Bernice...