Who thinks its the cgi and non-real action that is ruining the series?

Discussion in 'The King Of Snooker - 桌球天王' started by walter8299, Apr 3, 2009.

1. walter8299

walter8299 Well-Known Member

i'm not a hardcore fans of snooker, but i do play snooker with my friends and family once in awhile. its a fun game and very challenging.

i've watch snooker tornament on tv, and its truly unbelievable seeing some trick shots or difficult shots.

this series could've been great in my opinion, but its the CGI here and there that kind of ruins it.
    I would like to see more "real" action, instead of filming techniques to make it look like every shots gets in at ease.

anyone feel the same way?

2. SkyHigh123

SkyHigh123 Well-Known Member

i think its the stupid storyline that ruins the the series.

3. intraland

intraland Well-Known Member

the cgi is definately one of the many turn offs for a series for me. Though i'll try to sit through it and see what happens. The plot seems good, it will just take a bit of time to develop.

i've never been much of a fan of actually playing snooker, but watching it amazes me sometimes.

4. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

The CG isn't really that necessary, it only makes those parts/moments look cheap, they should really just get some pro's and do some amazing shots. The plot hadn't really develop much yet but I do like the actors in it.

5. HeAvEnzgmaIl

HeAvEnzgmaIl Well-Known Member

yeh me too

6. mbnz230

mbnz230 Well-Known Member

agreed, another series ruin by tvb special effects.

7. AARONBOEYKHG

AARONBOEYKHG Well-Known Member

they should know that their special effects are not that good thus making it look more fake.Most international movies uses cgi but theirs are acceptable

8. kclee

kclee New Member

its the poor shot angles cuz you can't ever see the whole shot. dunno about the story yet, just watched 3 eps so far.

9. FantasyMania

FantasyMania Active Member

This series looks boring, just because they have a good snooker player in HK, there's no need to make a series, pointness.

10. Xzyrus

Xzyrus Well-Known Member

Top Poster of the Month

Yeah the terrible CG is a major turn off. I would keep watching though just because of Derek Kwok and Joyce Tang.

11. Ch_Wong

Ch_Wong Member

As a casual snooker player, I really don't like the cgi trickshots. It really has nothing to do with snooker.

But it can be overlooked if the story starts to develop into something nice.

12. nothincomin

nothincomin Active Member

lol, i don't really like the plot; seems like it's dragging the whole series out. and yeah they aren't putting in much of snooker playing, just some shots and u miss the rest. CG isn't that bad, but it's ok. I prefer the real stuff though.

13. Toilet

Toilet Well-Known Member

The graphics ruin the whole point of tricks in snooker!
    In episode 5 that impossible trick was done by CGI
    i liked it in the video though that looked real :D

14. gillian

gillian Well-Known Member

i think it's more that tvb tries too hard to make snooker an really intense battle...i think it's more intense when watching a tournamnet or playing urself. but for a series...i think it's kinda boring battle..and the cgi just make it looksl ike they are tring even harder

15. zhou

zhou Well-Known Member

wat is cgi?

16. The graphics ruin the whole point of tricks in snooker!
    In episode 5 that impossible trick was done by CGI
    however so far the series is good.

17. instantnoodlesXP

instantnoodlesXP Well-Known Member

I'd say that the storyline is your typical TVB series so far....but E.U. was like that at the beginning too. But hopefully it will get more interesting later.

18. jazlynnyee

jazlynnyee Fantabulous!!!

computer-generated imagery... referring to the computer graphic effects

btw, lousy cgi i must say...haha!!

19. kelvin86

kelvin86 New Member

its quite fake but anyway for those beginner can learn more and understanding more in snooker because in the starting there got some explaination.. this is the part i like because i am beginner in snooker

20. bbes

bbes Incredible

well for a snooker series i rele can't imagine people are able to pot anywhere near as well as the pros as they are actors only so cgi has to be used.