Which SLR??

Discussion in 'Photoshop & Artwork Section' started by singlung2099, Aug 7, 2008.

1. reno

reno Well-Known Member

u do know d90 gonna cost more than the 450d...
    its slightly heavier than d80
    the main advantage of d90 is that it take take videos :p

and thats over ur budget already
    lol

u do know wen stuff comes out ... they are at the most expensive... it'll b while b4 prices drop, if anything only d80 prices drop cos its being replaced heeh

2. black_sesame

black_sesame Member

sure it won't affect how the person take photos, i have a film SLR myself, i can still get some decent photos (im not a pro)
    but my DSLR 3" lcd does help me while reviewing pictures
    and it does allow u to keep track on the image is perfectly focus or not... especially when u are shooting with big glass (i mean big aperture lenses)...

3. black_sesame

black_sesame Member

wow, DSLR can shoot video... thats something new...
    only thing caught my attention is they use D300 sensor on D90

4. reno

reno Well-Known Member

yep the thing that i like is that it can self clean its sensor =)
    gets rid of dust that gets in wen u keep on switches lens >.<

but yeah... videos... definitely interesting, and its in HD quality (think its 720?? can't remember)
    but realistically... wats the chance of u really using it for video... its like damn heavy!! lol
    and im guessing a lot of "purists" definitely hate the idea of the video, but it def appeals to the broader market

im sur eu know, reviewing is better if its larger... but either way, after u take the shot, u still just zoom all the way in to see the detail of how clear it is...
    even at the 3" or 2.5", if it looks clear... once it blows up on ur computer lcd, u notice the imperfections >.<
    annoying...
    hahaha

pre-ordering its 1400aud for body only grey-import >.<
    arghhhhhh

5. reno

reno Well-Known Member

oh oh... forgot

the only other great accessory i find is that u can get an optional gps receiver unit, that feeds info in the exif data that tells u the location of the shot

so at least when u process the foto later (if u bother) u can remember how to tag it hehehe, can alwyas just google maps the co-ordinates and find out where exactly it was taken from

cos as always, end up with a lot of shots that i don't remember where exactly i took it =/
    unless u keep forcing urself to comment and tag all the fotos straight after u take the shots!

6. black_sesame

black_sesame Member

resolution of the screen matters, thats why im looking forward for the 50D and my 40D can be my backup/second body.

7. eggrollboy

eggrollboy Well-Known Member

I usually turn my LCD off since it's not a true representation of what you had shot in terms of Contrast, Saturation, Sharpness, etc. I do use it once in a while to check composition.

Only monkeys use the LCD so that's why its dubbed as "Chimping" :wackit:

And Canon just announced the new 5D MK II which shoots HD video at 1080p... -rockon

8. black_sesame

black_sesame Member

you should definetly look at the new VGA screens from nikon and the newer canon DSLR

9. reno

reno Well-Known Member

theres still lag using lcd... and the lcd live view i still find is just a gimmick so ppl who know nothing abt cameras can see something and click

10. black_sesame

black_sesame Member

how well do u know a camera then... and what kinda lag are you talking about?
    liveview is actually perfect to get accurate manual focusing (i can't live w/o that when shooting landscape)

useless high iso, and useless large megapixel.. these are gimmicks

11. virgo179

virgo179 Member

my mate has the canon 400 eos and its properly sick... its the D model i htink

12. turbobenx

turbobenx .........

o shit, i thought u were talking about the slr benz.

13. stefanie_sugia

well, i'm using 450D.. and it's great. :)
    it doesn't really matter anyway.
    it's the lenses that matters. :))

14. chocobill

chocobill Member

i'd say you would go well with any entry level; they're all about the same. Just try each of them out and see which one feels the best. You might also want to consider what kind of lens you might wanna buy into later on. Canon has cheaper fast primes so that's why i went with a 450d. Glass is way more important to image quality than the body. But relaly you can't go wrong with any.

15. heyumf

heyumf Active Member

see which brand function u are more comfortable with

16. ingwen

ingwen Member

Nikon D3 The BEST!!

17. macauboy

macauboy Active Member

d90 is a good choice. i think i can record hd videos aswell

18. SHOOTO

SHOOTO Member

QFT! It depends how the body suits you, the feel etc..The Canon vs Nikon is so overrated.

19. ao_xxx

ao_xxx Well-Known Member

The argument between Canon and Nikon as to which is better rages on. To me is comes down to cost. If you want the flexibility of using various lenses from other manufacturers then nikon is the way to go

20. BGWxAnNaSuI

BGWxAnNaSuI Well-Known Member

i am currently using Nikon D60 which i bought last yr, and i really like how this camera is very easy to use. I don't know if you're an expert on DSLR camera, but i certainly would choose this one because it is suitable for non-experts too.