Which NBA teams will be contenders for the Title in the 2013-2014 season?

Discussion in 'Sports Chat' started by EvilTofu, Jul 5, 2013.

1. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

With all the big trades and free agency going around just weeks after the NBA season, which teams do you all think will be actual contenders?

We all heard that Howard is going to the Rockets, but will he actually be able to play team bball and stop being a baby if things don't go his way. I don't like him and he's just not a play I can trust. What will happen to Omer Asik and Lin, will they stay or be traded. Already rumors flying about them. Rockets might get rid of them to get another star player.

(Just as I was writing this, I found out Howard has changed his mind and he's 50/50 about staying in LA or going to Houston. This is why I hate this moron, make up your mind before you tell everyone otherwise.) It seem like it's a done deal. He's going to Houston.

Warriors picked up Iguodala and looks to improve themselves with def and versatility.

The Nets made a big trade getting KG and Pierce, even if they are old, the Nets seem to be desperate to win a championship in the next few years. But I don't see them beating the other top team down the road in May, June with their age.

Easts

Heats, Pacers, Bulls, Knicks, Nets,

Wests
    Spurs, OKC, Rockets, Warriors, Grizzles, Blazers

If Howards goes to the Rockets, the Lakers might do well without Howards BS but it'll depend how healthy Kobe is and his other teammates picking up some slack, they need to do more. Still a long way so they might pick up some free agents. But this is an old team and if they can stay healthy they might surprise everyone.

#1 EvilTofu, Jul 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  2. Heats/Bulls/Nets/Pacers

Okc/Spurs/Rockets/Clippers/Mem/GSW

3. The Pelicans!! get use to that name:trollface:

[​IMG]

4. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

The Pelicans

Stupid name>.>

5. Lawl Josh Smith sign with Pistons

6. woot that means Jeremy is staying and they could get either aldridge or anderson which are better fits

7. wilsonli

wilsonli Well-Known Member

Heat/Pacers/Bulls/Knicks/Nets

OKC/Spurs/Rockets/Clippers/Warriors/Grizzlies

It has been a pretty interesting summer, my thoughts are:

-The Heat remains as the number one contender, for obvious reasons (LJ) and they get to keep most of their core. The question is how healthy will they be next season, because all the issues they had was because of Bosh and Wade carrying some injuries and playing under their normal level. If they recovered the same level the Heat will get their three peat.

OKC will follow them, cuz lets be honest they were eliminated simply cuz Westbrook was injured. The rest of them are more less in the same level putting the Spurs one step above the rest.

And the biggest expectation will be the Rockets of course, after signing DH, which i personally dont like for pretty much the same reasons that Tofu mentioned, but can't deny the fact that if he's healthy, he's still the most dominant center in NBA. So we'll see how that works for the Rockets, putting Harden, Parsons and Lin with him.

I'm glad they didn't trade Lin, so that he actually gets a shot to win a championship and I believe that Lin's game is more suitable to play with DH, since it'll be less running and shooting and more like thinking and passing.

8. xaznxryux

xaznxryux Well-Known Member

Heat/Spurs/OKC/Pacers/Nets/Clippers

Grizzlies/Knicks

Rocket do not have the experience or the roster to be actual contenders. Grizzlies is iffy for me cuz Hollins is fired, don't know how the team will respond to a new coach? Knicks are always a joke as long as Carmleo is there.

9. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

i hope the rockets fail and that in a couple of years lakers sweep the rockets in the WCF

10. subzor

subzor Well-Known Member

thunder/rockets/clips - west
    heat/bulls/nets/pacers - east

11. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

Lol I wonder why you feel that way :p

East is pretty much just the Heat for now. Chicago could pose a threat if Rose is 100%. Pacers desperately need Granger to be back healthy and even then it will take something special for them to beat the Heat. Scola helps though since Miami didn't get much bigger minus the addition of Oden. Hibbert looked a lot better than he is actually is against them in the playoffs abusing the size advantage. Nets are pretty uncertain for me. They could have a chance to beat them, but there are way too many variables to make a decision.

West is a lot more complicated. Spurs are still very much in the hunt. Clippers with Doc is a VERY good fit. I expect their defense to be A LOT better with some actual direction this time. Also CP3 can probably make up for Doc's weakness in offensive coaching. OKC didn't do anything and they lost Kevin Martin. Although Martin didn't perform well in the playoffs, having your 3rd scoring option on a very limited offensive roster hurts. They will need one of their young players to step up and take the load. I can't see anyway OKC wins the title this year or even make the finals. Rockets will be great. Dwight is once again surrounded by shooters and guards that know how to run the pick and roll. Warriors are a real darkhorse for me as well. I really love the addition of Iggy and if Bogut stays healthy they will be very dangerous. Grizz didn't really fix any of their problems so I can't see them going past the WCF.

tl;dr

East: Heat, and MAYBE Bulls
    West: Spurs, Warriors, Rockets, Clippers