Which Mando-Canto singers is most over-rated??

Discussion in 'Chinese Chat' started by mingtsainy, Jul 12, 2006.

1. mingtsainy

mingtsainy Active Member

I mean, those singers who can't sing but are famous/popular for some reason.

Think....Chinese version of Ashley Simpson.

2. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

some tvb actors/actress lol

3. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

Twins....

4. Nirvania

Nirvania I'm BRACK!?

^twins are alright...

5. twins... but they r good to look at... and gigi leung... cecilia chang (very good to look at)

6. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

^ lol again..good to look at girls ;).....twins r awesome

7. skysz86

skysz86 Well-Known Member

u could say the same for ashley simpson, good to look at. u dun really need talent to be famous in the hk music industry. all u need r good looks and a good manager. most of the pop songs dey have the artists sing r really easy. dats y ppl like singing them in kareokes, nd i have heard a lot of ppl in kareokes as good or maybe even better dan the actual singers.

8. aussiekid

aussiekid Well-Known Member

western? PLENTY.. like really plenty esp those like britney spears..
    asian? jay chou definitely.. he can't sing.. he reads mantra like praying.. but he's a good composer..
    oh yes and TWINS.. omg, like wtf are they singing everytime.. they're lucky to be taken care by famous big bosses which led to popularity..

9. goo wak jai

goo wak jai Well-Known Member

6 i use to love Britney lol I think loads of people will disagree with u about jay chou.... Anyway most people will say edison which i kinda disagree... Anyway the ones i think can't sing is twins...i can't stand thier music...

10. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

Yep twins are only good to look at, I dont think they can actually sing or are as talented as other singers

11. HK! Fish

HK! Fish Well-Known Member

Let's see... i could have a lot of overrated list right here:

Alex Fong
    Stephy Tang
    Edison Chen
    Jordan Chan
    Jolin Tsai
    Cyndi Wang
    Nicholas Tse
    Elva Hsiao
    Wilber Pan
    Jay Chou
    S.H.E.

etc.. and maybe a couple more, but i couldn't think of anymore for right now.

plz don't hate, i'm just being honest. :p

12. sushii

sushii Member

twins..i like them.but i don't think they're good singers, s.h.e are so much better than them (at least they can sing well)..yumiko,edison(most def) stephy, most of all the eeg singers actually, except for joey and nic..everyone else basically can't really sing, kenny i would say is okay, he's getting better.

13. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

Twins is seriously overrated but singers like "Jay Chow" or "Edison", they're professional singers. They are actually good and would buy their CDs and some other people on your list are pretty good singers in my perspective

14. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

yeh I agree singers like Jay Chou, I dont think are overrated, he composes his own music and they actually do sound good

15. HK! Fish

HK! Fish Well-Known Member

Well... besides Jay then.
    But other singers are good at singing, but they kind of seem overrated though...

16. angelic_soul

angelic_soul Active Member

I think Jay Chou could sing;] But anyway, people like Toby Leung, Kenny Kwan, 2R and all of thsoe peeps.

17. mingtsainy

mingtsainy Active Member

I saw Jolin Tsai's live performance on DVD and it was horrible. She sang out of tune the whole time. I was like, WTF is going on.

So I vote for Jolin & Twins.

18. hehehe...leave jay alone... he's good -bigclap