What's your impression of the drama?

Discussion in 'The Gem of Life - 珠光寶氣' started by negiqboyz, Oct 20, 2008.

1. negiqboyz

negiqboyz Well-Known Member

I have seen three promo vids and they look boring. I kinda find Ada Choi being paired up with an old dude kinda disgusting. It's 80+ episodes too, is the storyline really that good for that length? What's up with LInda Chung in so many dramas recently?? I am getting tired of her cuz she CAN'T act well.

Anyway, what do ya'll think? I might just watch the first few episode and see what happen ...

2. whitenight

whitenight Well-Known Member

Just finished watching the first two episodes, I also worry that the story might not be good enough to last through 80 episodes. But there will be episodes that are gonna drag. But this cast is very strong esp with Maggie,Gigi and Ada being the core. Also this is going to be Gigi's last series. So bring on the drama!

3. ck89

ck89 Member

hope linda wont cry so much lol

4. 80 chapters too long :(

5. a_gill

a_gill Active Member

i think it will be draggy T_T 80 eps are too much
    but the cast looks good though

6. negiqboyz

What do you mean this is Gigi's last series? I thought she needed the money after her bro was in a car accident and no longer able to practice as a physician. Unless ya'll know something that I don't or is she getting marry to some wealthy guy so she has no worry about the "mula" anymore. Fill me in here! Well, not that I like her much anyway but just rather curious about it.

7. joeyfan

joeyfan Well-Known Member

LOL same here.. just bat gwa-ing

anyway.. 80 eps is quite long.. but i think i'll try a few eps.. and end up watching the whole thing.. as usual.. lol..

8. read the chinese news section it has recently reported that she will be retiring from the entertainment industry to take care his brother.

9. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

I cannot get over the fact that ADA CHOI has that ugly teeth, (sticking out). Otherwise, she'd be a great example of what makeup can do to an ugly girl.

GIGI LAI is blind or something, her eyes seems to be unable to focus.

Maggie is purely ugly and a disgusting thing to watch on screen. I like ada choi. good to see her back.

10. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

it is kinda boring right now...i hope when more characters reveil it will b better...serioulsy they need liek 2 ep a day

11. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

I do have good expectations from the A-List cast...but 80 eps....that's two HOGs!

12. negiqboyz

keep your hopes up cuz the supposedly A-list cast can become a F-list cast if the storyline sucks. bear in mind that this series is 80+, not 8 eps so it better be something outrageous good for me or anyone to sit through.

read the chinese news section it has recently reported that she will be retiring from the entertainment industry to take care his brother.

shinobi, i don't read chinese ... lol .. anyway, i thought she needed the money too to pay the bills and all. weird, don't you think?

13. bbes

bbes Incredible

not rele cos she will earn enough money from this to then go and take care of her brother. anyway i do think that 82 episodes are excessive. dunno i guess we will have to wait and see whether it turns out to be any good but the cast are certainly impressive. then again the cast for HOG2 were impressive and that was only 40 episodes and that was just the right length i thought. so if this is 82 it better be good. might try the first episode later.

14. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

^Even 40 eps were a bit too long

15. our news at PA are all in english... <_<
    http://www.dramasian.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=68

16. appo

appo Member

80 episodes is quite long. Looking at the plot right now, i can see how TVB can drag it on for 80 episodes cuz i'm sure the plot evolve into something very complex. Might not continue watching.

17. negiqboyz

oop .. sry and thanks ... got it now .. so what's gonna happen to her contract with tvb? the management said it last another 3-5 years or something .. man, does that mean gigi has to cough up the dough for a breach of contract??

18. karateboi11

karateboi11 Member

I'm hoping this series would be good and will last even if it's 80 episodes long. The storyline is alirhgt.

19. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

That girl w/ moses in the beginning is who? I had to barf a few times w/ the cameos.

20. Valkrezy

Valkrezy Well-Known Member

Well its a long series therefore it starts slow and goes up with tension. But so far I don't like the series because I don't like the roles in the series. The mom is very annoying and the girls are very annoying too. Don't like Bowie Lam character.