What's the secret to healthy hair? I've googled already!

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty, and Fashion' started by Espresso, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

I'm curious what the secret is, or if anyone has suggestions. I don't use hair styling products, and shampoo/shower about 2-3x a day. The reason being is I'm out in the sun a lot. I've noticed in the past year or so, at times my hair is just so dry and brittle. Google search results tell me to eat the typical healthy diet.

But I'm wondering if anyone has anything legitimate? I've read a lot of suggestions, from actually STAYING in the SUN, to applying BRANDY, to rubbing vinegar. lolz

2. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Theres no real secret, dont always wear hats/beanies, shampooing 2-3x a day? isnt that a bit too much?

3. kevin

kevin RAWR!

yeah I think it's too much too because it will strip of the natural oil on your hair.

4. MissCheekS

MissCheekS Reconnaîssant ❤

i make my own masks from 100% pure argan or olive oil every once in awhile... argan oil is something they use in north africa... my moroccan friend hooked me up with it :p

and on a weekly base, i use these 3 minute hair masks for dyed n damaged hair by Aussie... they have awesome hairproducts! only the smell is enough reason for me to use it hehe. another important thing is, never put heat on ur hair (eg straightener of curling iron) while ur hair is still wet! and ALWAYS use heat protection (i use the one by tresemme or aussie)

oh n i cut my hair on a quite regular base...!

5. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

Seriously, the secret is a healthy diet, fill your body with rubbish and it will show in your skin and hair.

6. kevin

kevin RAWR!

^
    basically eat (5 a day) and drink healthily (water/juice).

7. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

the first search result leads back to this thread -lol

not sure but washing 2-3 times a day is probably bad for your hair.

8. MissCheekS

^it is! even washing it once a day is bad... once every two days (I heard people saying even less but then ur hair might feel yuck) is probably better!

9. kevin

kevin RAWR!

^
    If you do not wash your hair on a regular basis then your hair probably get greasy but that also depends on your hair length...Too much cleaning like aforementioned is bad but too little is also bad bcos it look tacky.

10. MissCheekS

^well hence i said what i said.... durrrrrr........ once every two days n no greasy hairrr

11. KT

KT H E L L O K T ♥

I've dyed and bleached my hair countless times but my hair is still healthy. I wash it once a day max and only right before I go out. If you aren't going out then don't wash your hair or else you will get rid of all your natural oils! The oil is good for your hair. If you wash it too many times then your hair becomes "dry and brittle" like you described. Deep condition your hair and eat a healthy diet. You should buy leave in conditioner, too. Whenever I feel my hair is getting unhealthy I always use conditioner to restore it.

12. _keke_

_keke_ Well-Known Member

Use hair serum! =D

13. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

i drink this, just 150ml is 1 of your 5, so 750ml and your good to go, i only drink 500ml a day.

[​IMG]

All that stuff will catch up with you as you age :sp_ike_d:

14. ultim8camper

ultim8camper Well-Known Member

dont wash it for like a month .... it releases like some sorta hair oil or some shit because since your washing it 2/3 times a day it fucks your hair over

15. KT

KT H E L L O K T ♥

And I say, come at me bro! :) I'm pretty sure I take care of my hair better than a lot of people do.

16. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

you'll have to rinse it at least once a day

17. whodat

whodat Member

The chemicals in the shampoo makes your hair unhealthy.

18. person

person Well-Known Member

Shower/Shampoo 2-3x a day? Definitely not good for your hair. It's actually even recommended not to wash your hair everyday. As someone has already mentioned, strips your hair of the essential oils.

I've read rubbing avocado into your hair helps. Cat litter too actually. Not all at once of course.

19. Hartia

Hartia Well-Known Member

2-3 times.....dude i wash my hair once a day and thats already too much. but i dont feel clean if i dont. if youre hair is dry change your shampoo, its prolly not adaptive with your hair. and well......i forgot which vitamin it is but have your daily dose.