what would you do if you died and went to an eternal hell

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Religion' started by master_g, Feb 14, 2007.

1. the scriptures which you have yet to read will answer your question. its a case of weather you accept the scripture, if you believe some parts of the scripture are false and some are true then there is nothing i can say that can convince you otherwise.

anyway as i said, the scriptures answer your question, if your looking for something more specific then please ask so that we can get straight to the point. or else i wont know when your 'fully' has been satisfied.

2. SugaCutie0

SugaCutie0 Well-Known Member

^I don't mean to laugh at this, but you are still skipping around the fact that in the King James version of the Holy Scriptures, it clearly states that Jesus was indeed in Hell. How can that be so if Hell is just as you claim? A place of fiery torture that only the wicked and demons are confined to?? I believe that all scripture is the word of God, so please don't try to insinuate otherwise.

3. remember the story of lazerus and the rich man, remember the 2 sides, Abraham's bosom and the place of torment. Jesus went to Abraham's bosom to preach to the dead and bring them up to paradise in heaven, Jesus did not go to the place of torment were the rich man went but he did go to hell were those two places exist.

4. SugaCutie0

You didn't even read my post, did you? My post had nothing to do with the symbolic illustration of Lazarus and the rich man, it was in regards to the death of Jesus.

5. yes i did, or else i wouldnt have tried to answer it...

who told you it was symbolic, im trying to tell you the layout of hell, and im also trying to show you what Jesus did in there. what have i missed??

6. SugaCutie0

^Hm, who told me? Through my personal study of the scriptures, I have clearly found that Hell, Gehenna (besides Gehenna being a real location on the Earth at one time) is all symbolic. No where in the scriptures did it bring out that Jesus, postmortem, was in Hell trying to preach to whoever you claim he was doing so to. I'm guessing from your response, that you do not believe in the resurrection that was preached of in John 5:28 and 1 Corinthians 15:12, in fact many accounts in the Bible speak of the resurrection. Explain Romans 6:23, Ecclesiastes 9:5, Ezekiel 18:20, even Genesis 2:17(Where it clearly states the punishment for sinning against God in regards to the first human pair) and many other scriptures that brings out the same point. You simply cannot do so, that is without perverting the scriptures. As I have said, I don't care to debate religious views, so I will leave that for you to look over, if you wish.

7. its best not to guess but ask. im not sure where i said i never believe in the resurrection but it was just a guess as you said.

8. BabyRain

BabyRain Doppelgänger of da E.Twin

If you did, you have not explained your stand to her then, as usual.. *shrug*

At least, she didn't say, "in your words, you don't believe in resurrection"-whistle
    Do that three words sound familiar to you?

9. fayenatic

fayenatic Well-Known Member

haha its okay. i know im corny. :]

10. J-Online

J-Online Member

yeah it will suck..you wont be able to die u will suffer everyday down there no one will care about you and even when you learned your lesson theres no turning back?

11. BabyRain

Yes... thus, be very afraid! There's still chance for you if you repent now...
    Please contact your local pastor to arrange for your conversion to Christianity... Welcome to the family! -bigsmile

12. J-Online

J-Online Member

...didnt u say you are buddhist and i also heard buddhism and christianiy are pretty similiar with same beliefs so if im a buddhist i sould be fine?

13. BabyRain

^Hahaha, oh dear, I am sure a Christian like master_g or apollon would freak out if they read what you have just said... -lol

Wow, so you do know about me huh... I am surprised.