What to do in Toronto?

Discussion in 'Traveling Abroad' started by suijei, Apr 23, 2012.

1. suijei

suijei Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

I'm staying in downtown Toronto for the month and was wondering what there is to do around here! (besides shopping)

I'd be up for lunch or coffee too if there are similarly bored people out there.

2. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

lol what to do in Toronto? havent you been here a few times already? get shinobi or ang to treat drinks at ktown and everyone will be in

3. You're in Toronto for the month? :naughty:

Do check out the districts of Toronto, particularly the Distillery District, one of my favourite places in Toronto. You can check out the St-Lawrence market and the Kensington Market, both with charming cafes, food markets.

If you're down for a walk, a nice place to walk is on the Toronto Islands, a chain of small islands with a great view back on Toronto, great place for photography.

Here is the wiki page with a list of Toronto neighborhoods that you can do some exploration and discovery:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_neighbourhoods_in_Toronto#Downtown_Core_.28Central.29

Also, if you're willing to venture outside of Toronto, you can definitely check out the municipalities that makes up the Greater Toronto Area. Markham has many historical sites (not p-mall ;] ), such as Main Street Unionville and Main Street Markham, with many cafes and restaurants. These places are very charming, particularly during warmer weather. Definitely a place to check out.

4. suijei

suijei Well-Known Member

1-2 times per year since I was 5...

St-Lawrence market is nice, but I'd rather not revolve my days around food...as nice as that would be.
    I'd take a stroll but the weather looks icky today.

5. im down lets all go

6. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Once or twice a year since you were five? No offense, but damn... you could probably write a book about the place; you still need to ask? I'm sorry, but what am I missing here? LOL...

7. I've lived in Toronto for nearly 15 years and I still don't know all of Toronto lol

8. suijei

suijei Well-Known Member

Can you really count the prepubescent "mommy I have no money" years?
    Not to mention where could I have gone alone? You'd be surprised how hard it is to meet new people when you don't school/work in the city. le sigh.

9. Lol yea, after watching the weather, it's supposed to be -3C tonight... A walk? Fuck that shit lol.

As for indoor... You could check out the PATH... The Rom... And uh... uh..... Chill at Ang's bar lol

10. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

dont get ahead of yourself...Markham not Toronto lol

i need to go high park again to take pics of the fallen cherry blossom.....last raptor game is on thurs and red hot chilli peppers fri sat if you're into that stufff...dont u have fam heree?

11. Hartia

Hartia Well-Known Member

kdot you sound ghey.....

and yep there's not much to do in TO if you asking people from TO. Go to exhibits.....each should last a day each.

12. suijei

suijei Well-Known Member

The what and the what now?

I'm like a 5 minute walk from Air Canada Centre...but not too interested in either.

Any recommendations?

13. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

walk along harbourfront or go to chinatown? eatons is near as well. If you are around bathurst dundas then holler cause im at the hospital for quite some time everyday

14. Lol not interested in food,walk because of the weather, shopping, sports, museum, nor city exploration this girl is hard to please lmao

15. go somewhere else.

16. suijei

suijei Well-Known Member

I'm actually along harbour front (yo, it's cold.) and practically at Union Station

Hey now, I didn't veto museums.... and puhleeze, if that wasn't the case, why else would I be on here :p

17. Okay lol then check out the ROM (Royal Ontario Museum). They have different exhibitions now and then, some pretty neat stuff. The AGO (Art Gallery of Ontario) is another place to check out.

Here's a link to events that are currently going on in Toronto: http://wx.toronto.ca/festevents.nsf/

18. suijei

suijei Well-Known Member

I was actually just browsing information about the ROM
    Anyone else wanna go? -bigsmile
    ...not that going alone would look depressing or anything... -cry2

19. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

I would go since I get it in free hahhaha and
    AGO.. I wouldnt pay to go though.. Since you are in those condos, how about hosting umin the billiards room? :)

20. suijei

suijei Well-Known Member

-huh?

if hosting=me treating

then you should know I'm poor and unemployed :whistling: