what to do for a bbq

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by jaychouurmom, Aug 14, 2007.

1. jaychouurmom

jaychouurmom Well-Known Member

what are the necessary things you need to bring for a bbq?? this is my first time so i'm not really sure. i know i need a grill , charcoal, liquid fluid but what else is like a must need! and what kind of tips or recipes can you give me..please and thank you!

2. 無得頂

無得頂 Well-Known Member

Can look at this for reference.

[youtube]q4i0Yu1QWik[/youtube]

3. neomooky

neomooky Active Member

Well aside from the food to cook, the following items are really handy:

Something to sit on and under: - Throw rug or picnic mat, cushions, folding chair/table, big tent/marquee, umbrella.
    Drinks soft for the kiddies and hard for big folks + Ice lots of ice
    Big bottles of water to drink, wash hands and BBQ with if it is a bit grubby.
    Stuff to eat off and with: - plates, bowls, chopsticks, forks, knives, spoon, cups
    Stuff to serve with and store left over with: - Big serving plate/platter, tongs, more chopsticks, big spoons.
    Stuff to cut with and cook with: - Steak knifes, Steak Scissors, Lots of tongs.
    Cooking stuff: - oil for the hotplate/Grill to stop food sticking, spatula/scraper to clean BBQ with.
    Stuff to put on the food: Sauces, BBQ, Tomatoe, Chilli, Mayonaise, salt, pepper, wasabi
    Something to do: - sports equipment if outdoors, board games, music player/CDs/iPOD/Speakers, spare batteries, laptop??
    Something for comfort: bug repellant, first aid kit, portable fan, sun screen, hats, sunglasses.
    Something Sweet!: nothing better then sweet stuff, cake, jelly, pie, Ice Ka-chung, rice/mango pudding,
    Directions to get there: Maps for people to get to the location and don't forget your mobile phone.
    Bring helping hands: Don't do this by yourself!! get some people to help you, put together a checklist and get people to bring different stuff.

Last but not least you need Plan B: Plan B is if the area is rained out all the prime locations are taken, Plan B swings into action: - to go to second location or crash a nearby friends house for indoor BBQ and board games.

I think that is pretty much everything....the food should be a variety and don't forget to check with your friends that have dietary requirements (gluten free, vegetarians, anti-beef/pork religious reasons etc..etc..nothing worse then offending your invited BBQ guests) but in general meats: - chicken: - wings, sticks, beef, lamb, pork: steak/chop, sausage, seafood: prawns, octopus, salmon: sashimi, steaks, rice noodle cake, Salads - Green, potatoe, Rice. snack foods: chips,lollies,nuts etc...etc..

*edited* --> Forgot the Kim Chi , yes bring Kim chi <-- Love this stuff and really great at a BBQ!

ummm can't think of anything else..but we had all this at our last BBQ.. ;)

Good luck and have fun...

#3 neomooky, Aug 14, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2007
  4. jaychouurmom

jaychouurmom Well-Known Member

^^ thanks for the tips.. they will do me good.