What the world eats in 15 photographs

Discussion in 'The Food Section' started by ribsandbbqbeef, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Taxloss

Taxloss Stripper Vicar

Huh, but I thought the photographer did his best to try to get a nice variation of families all over the world to give us a global view what people eat around the world? He had 2 families from the US; a black and a white family. And a German, an UK and an Italian family?)

WTH?! 600 USD a week just for the 2 of you? -shock You guys going to those fancy upper class restaurants and sushi bars?

Fav fresh fish...hmm I hardly know their names, I only know how those creatures taste like! -lol

Ok, ultra fresh salmon, ultra fresh tuna, fresh herring, eel stew, cod, bass and plaice are the only ones I know by name. (although I had to look up for the latter 4...) Oh and the rock cod you've mentioned too..... if I'm in HK, cuz only there I've eaten the most tasty ones. :)

edit: + shrimps, lobsters, crabs, oysters and mussels.

2. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

foods gettin damn pricy these days....also dependent on ya location...

3. gawain187

gawain187 Well-Known Member

Wow, those are some nice pictures. If it were my table, it would be fish n chips, pizza and all those unhealthy food.

4. zoom_zoom

zoom_zoom Well-Known Member

mmmm fresh fish is always good...

5. silence

silence Well-Known Member

Thats the price you pay for a high standard of living. I recall hearing from someone who came back from a trip there that a loaf of bread there was like 8.00 USD. I can't remember if they were in Germany or Denmark at the time though.

My fave fish is the white fish you get at Korean BBQ...it falls apart on the grill really easy if you over cook it. I dunno what it's called.

6. i21

i21 Active Member

I'd like to spend $1.23 per week on food. Then I can spend it on things I want.

7. mingming2006

mingming2006 Well-Known Member

wow they eat alot

8. chickenutbread

chickenutbread Well-Known Member

well, you said "funny how every other pic shows an asian family" so i meant it's probably because you're either asian, european or a small ethnic minority in this world? isn't that true though? i mean, europeans and asians alone make up a large part of this world. :p

9. shw

shw Well-Known Member

United States: The Revis family of North Carolina

in that pic, the watermelon looks so green. so weird.

10. SugaCutie0

SugaCutie0 Well-Known Member

-huh The World..? I didnt see any of the Caribbean Islands..Jamaica, Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago, Puerto Rico, St.Lucia, Nassau, the Virgin Islands, etc...<_< Besides that, nice pics.

11. tamagodaisuki

wow......i don't even know when the food section category appeared on PA, anyway........really interesting pictures. i was also looking at the amount of $ each family spends per week. it seems like the family in Germany spend the most per week, wonder if its b/c of the alcohol they drink n buy

12. dreyvii

dreyvii Well-Known Member

Wow! This is a great post. Maybe I should try taking a pic of what I buy each week and see where I measure...LOL!

13. erichau

erichau Active Member

wow O_O'' lol amazing... something to think about