What is with Vietnamese Rapping now?

Discussion in 'Vietnamese Chat' started by MysticKurai, Aug 8, 2006.

1. MysticKurai

MysticKurai Active Member

Do you guys really think Vietnamese singer should rap? I can't find myself to enjoy Vietnamese music because of this. I mean like 80 - 90% of younger generation music got guy rapping like a black dude. It even sound more ridiculous when they rap in Vietnam. They dress like a black dude, wear blink blink and got this hand thing going on. I mean what the hell? Why would you want to copy them? To look cool? I don't think that cool at all. Please.....be yourself and don't forget your ethnic and culture, stop copying those black gangster!

Think this is why I alway listen to Chinese music now. This doesn't have to do anything with racist or anything but it very lame to see and put Vietnamese culture to shame.

2. fishyfishy

fishyfishy Member

vietnamese people shouldnt sing... period. lets face the facts. they steal the beats or sometimes the entire song to make their own... thats just the majority.. and now to rapping... i think all asian raps are kinda weird.

3. Luuman

Luuman Well-Known Member

I think every language should rap makes everybody feel normal.

4. Kooslee

Kooslee Well-Known Member

I'm agreeing with you. Every language should rap but vienamese rap is just horrible. Artists should come up with a better rhythm.

5. khoallister

khoallister Member

only if they're good which I can't think of any...

6. MysticKurai

MysticKurai Active Member

I agree, Chinese rapping don't bother me since I feel Chinese people sing so much better then Vietnamese. It seam like the only Vietnamese Music I like now are Chinese Melody and song that they copy the Rhythms from other song. This just show they don't produce good music and give more effort when coming to Music.

7. cheesusson

cheesusson Member

every language can have their own rapping and sounds good when they can make it up and not steal it, chinese rappings are pretty good

8. chabunky2000

chabunky2000 Well-Known Member

What is with Vietnamese Rapping now?

Are you kidding? Vietnamese are only very good at singing love songs.

9. TVX

TVX Active Member

Viet shouldn't rap there not good at all. Viet singer are good at singing most song.

10. wang_bao

wang_bao Well-Known Member

why not?!

It depends of the music and the context of the lyrics!

11. chickensoup

chickensoup Member

It's really stupid, dont try to imitate other and be proud of your own culture

12. Darkii

Darkii Member

Hmm im vietnamese myself and i agree that i dont really like vietnamese music, or asian music at all. It just doesnt seem to flow properly or something.

I agree with you a lot of viet rap is bad, they all focus on that gangster/ ghetto perspective, but there are some decent viet rap songs out there just very few =p Viet love songs are just wayy to slow for my liking =p

13. poopiness

poopiness Member

why not? every other asian countries has rap.

14. vietcong

vietcong New Member

are you guys kidding?

I just recently got into viet-rap, and damn......some of the shits pretty good.

I stopped liking rap for a while, until I heard viet rap.

But to be fair, if you don't like rap at all, you shouldn't judge it. But if you are into rap, I will upload some good songs next couple days for you guys.

15. kwasakizx06

kwasakizx06 Member

Lol MOsT Viet Rap is very corny if you understand it. Singing is much better. Lam truong and Dang Truong is good.

16. wysandman

wysandman Well-Known Member

rap should disappear from this world regardless of what language.
    I notice asia is starting to become more hip hop now, and that to me kinda sucks.

17. aknpr

aknpr Member

viet singers should stick to singing, something that they are good at

18. hmm viet rap.. well ive heard a few that are decent, but i cant think of any..

on the other hand, there are some VERY corny rap that just makes you say "uh... just no."

i apologize if any of you like the song "got pho?", but it is the funniest viet rap ever lol

19. Yo itz Trong

Yo itz Trong Well-Known Member

I think Vietnamese music is just primary slow, soft music and yuo have to understand where the music comes from to really like it. Vietnamese music in any other form such as Pop, Rock, Rap just doesnt sound right, besides some of the beats are ripped off from other songs.

Vietnamese rap is horrible. There are a few hat sounds ok when they mix in viet and english. But most viet raps should not be done.

20. quangdaika

quangdaika New Member

Now, now. Let's not get hasty and generalize. True, a lot of new songs use beats from another country. But this wasn't always the cause. Vietnamese have a great musical history.