What is financial yr?

Discussion in 'School Work Help' started by firsttimemaking, May 29, 2009.

1. firsttimemaking

firsttimemaking Active Member

what is a financial yr? Im new to this and never heard of this word, can you plz explain to me in a simple term i can understand? i heard on the tv something about the end of financil yr and 30 June or something like that? What does it mean?

2. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

a fiscal year is to calculate yearly financial statements...it can start any day depending on the business and it ends in 1 year.. usually theres 4 quarters/periods .. 3 months each

your best at reading your finance accounting textbooks or google

3. Choy.T

Choy.T Active Member

A financial year starts from the 1st April till the 31st March the next year.

For example, this financial year at the moment starts from the 1st April 2009 and it will end on the 31st March 2010.

4. tiapk7932

tiapk7932 Well-Known Member

Since there was a mention of June 30th, the fiscal year sounds like it's from July 1st to June 30th; this is the case for the State of CA. This date may vary in different businesses.

For example, on the news the State of CA will talk of the fiscal year when discussing the budget and how CA has to balance. June 30th will be the closing of the books and July 1st will be the beginning where they may receive new or continuous funding.

It will be best to google your question if you want specific answers.

#4 tiapk7932, May 30, 2009
    Last edited: May 30, 2009
  5. The_Jelly

The_Jelly NSFW? :P

Someones not paying attention in class...lol

6. gawain187

gawain187 Well-Known Member

I thought Financial Year is to do with all the profits and cost regarding that particular year

7. dragong87

dragong87 Well-Known Member

i thought it was to do with the paper owkr etc.. when u close acct.. calculate profits etc for the year. the financial year here is considered 1st july to 30th june the next year.

8. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Majority of countires use july1st to june 30th for their financial year

9. fookiatchong

fookiatchong New Member

its a year, 12 months... doesnt start like your normal calendar months.. start follow the company when the company is incorporated.. 12 months after that is the end of its financial year

10. firsttimemaking

financial year

what you mean calculate yearly statement? is it like what you get from the profit or loss? i thought they calculate that every day, lol. But what does this calculation have to do with tax and stuff? i heard that's when price go up? or go down?

11. njthaman

njthaman Property of C Mui

in the uk its from 1st April to 31st March

i've only used it to deal with taxes but im not really a businessman lol

12. firsttimemaking

don't worry! i THINK i get it now: financial year not only is the calulation of profit and loss, it is also the time when you have to pay tax. And because lots of ppl pays tax, they wants to saves up money (therefore buy less expenses) so most financial markets have discounts to encourage ppl to spend more.