What foods affect your period?

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty, and Fashion' started by smallrinilady, Dec 12, 2007.

1. artofwar

artofwar Well-Known Member

2. rebecca_ca

rebecca_ca Member

before you get your period, it's good to cut on the sodium ( salt) because sodium retains water.. so if you try to cut down on the salt, you will tend to bloat less. also try to decrease the caffeine, caffeine constricts blood vessels and can make you have more cramps..

3. Chibi12

Chibi12 Well-Known Member

ok being a british chinese and scientist i tend not to take wat my mum says about food and period seriously i.e. not eating citrus or cold stuff. But, i do know i shouldnt drink coffee or alchol cos they are dehydrating and tend to give me excruciating period pains, i also shd avoid bread or wheat based stuff cos they giv me really bad trapped wind during my period. That said, i knw i shd avoid these things but its these i tend to crave during that time.....

4. karoen

karoen Well-Known Member

i think it depends on the person....cuz my mom always tells me not to drink/ eat cold stuff...

at the beginning it helped a little bit...but then it didnt make any difference...

5. MunMun

MunMun Well-Known Member

pigs liver and ginger soup is supposed to be good.
    fizzy drinks and water melon are supposed to be bad for you and cold drinks.

6. bbes

bbes Incredible

fizzy drinks are bad for u usually anyway lol.

7. little_heaven

little_heaven Member

I have heard warm-milk affect the period. But I reckon the mood you are in affect it more. If you are stressed, the period might be a little irregular.

8. Airree

Airree Well-Known Member

okay.. so the point is.. don't eat cold food,or anything lerng, which is what my "mammi" tells me too. but what exactly will happen if you do? cause for me there's no difference .. ><

9. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

i avoid chocolate and cold drinks most when i'm on my period...they make my cramps worst...
    and i tend to eat more or munch more during these times but afterwards my mummy makes some sort of soup thing to help 'bo fan' my body...

10. meeky

meeky New Member

i just learned from my friend (who's pre-med) that drinking green tea will help you have shorter periods

11. xxsweetheartxx

xxsweetheartxx Well-Known Member

ice cream or any kind of cold food will affect a female's period

12. BagGirl

BagGirl Well-Known Member

I try to avoid cold things (been told to, don't know why) and I find that chocolate helps me.

13. Sweetsumigirl

Sweetsumigirl Well-Known Member

i ate watermelon once during my period it made me bleed more and longer, Same with green bean sweet soup. So no "lung" (cold) food.

14. weilinny

weilinny Well-Known Member

carbonated drinks makes it heavier...but lighter the next day

15. girlietwn

girlietwn Member

A week prior to your monthly friend. I believe that you totally crave junk food. Ice cream is the best.

16. Asjin_chun

Asjin_chun Member

yeah ice cream is the best =)

17. duzzie

duzzie Active Member

i'm chinese and my mom told me when i first got my period don't eat watermelon, ice cream, lettuce, and shouldn't drink carbonated drinks like soda, and don't drink coffee. i read an article in the newspaper once that eating chocolate helps ease the cramps b/c of the pheromones in the chocolate so i tried it and it does work so when i get my period i eat chocolate to ease the cramps...

18. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

i am never drinking OJ again when i'm on my period...
    that made my stomach cramp up so bad...i was in pain...couldnt even stand straight...

19. minorgliche

minorgliche Active Member

I think everything is edible but just don't eat too much of 1 kind of food. and no cold drinks for sure. esp. ice-cream. and heat pad helps!

20. adg

adg Active Member

I´ve never heard of that :eek: and I´m chinese..