What do you think of the series so far?

Discussion in 'The Hippocratic Crush - On Call 36 小時' started by pOtentiaLeaver, Feb 17, 2012.

1. levitage

levitage Well-Known Member

love the med students's house... however the constant eye blinking of the male nurse is irritating

2. [​IMG]
    great timing-lol

3. Peloi

Peloi Well-Known Member

Like the cast but just to boring, going to see what the other series is like.

4. sunshinestate

sunshinestate Member

I like the series so far. I haven't kept up with a lot of the new dramas lately but this one looks like it will be good.

5. jaclam

jaclam Member

this series is god awful. the casting is terrible. the acting is amateurish at best. what a waste of time.

6. Tranc3r

Tranc3r Active Member

It sometimes brings good morality to different parts of the story and tackling tough life/career questions that most people face. Good flow from scene to scene but not always. In my opinion, it makes me not want to watch other TV episodes right now because it is so interesting. As a uni student, the whole story with the med school stuff and practicums they're doing, makes it very new to me. Can't tell until it's over though, it's only about half way through.

7. RainingIce

RainingIce Well-Known Member

I started watching House MD at around the same time this series started, and i must say it was a bad decision. TVB just does not do the hospital setting justice.

BUT,

that was hilarious ;)

8. mcfan

mcfan New Member

i like it

sounds like i am different to most reply here.

despite the fact it may seem similar to most medical HK drama but it has its own plot in regards to the storyline especially on the relationship, friendship and life evolving the medical trainees in hospital.

From the medical point of view, i think TVB is doing what they can and not try to overdo it. Most part, it's sensible (me saying this as a real surgical trainee myself). I saw an interview with Tavia and Kenneth, they revealed that TVB has spent 3million HKD in equipment rental (the surgical microscope) and they have been guided by surgeons in the hospital. Those stethoscope, despite that it's cheap, sometimes, that's all it's needed in real situation. I use those when i don't have my USD300 stethoscope with me. Moreover, nowadays, we do not depend solely on stethoscope anymore, so, it's ok to use cheap stets.

Tavia and kenneth are developing some really good chemistry. I haven't seen one like this for a while. This is what keeping me addicted to the show

Tavia has also been doing really good in executing the narration task. They are so real, well written.

9. gd6noob

gd6noob Well-Known Member

not toooo bad.... some cast could use some replacing...

10. Hoang_X

Hoang_X Well-Known Member

The aspects about how doctors go so far for their patients, I find exaggerated. I dislike this as its very cheesy. 99% of doctors could care less if their patients don't regularly for for checkups..etc..