What do you think of "The Four - 少年四大名捕"?

Discussion in 'The Four - 少年四大名捕' started by popazn, Sep 30, 2008.

?

What do you think of "The Four - 少年四大名捕"?

1. Excellent, loved all aspects of the series

35 vote(s)
    26.9%
  2. Good, liked most aspects of the series

56 vote(s)
    43.1%
  3. Satisfactory, acceptable level of quality

25 vote(s)
    19.2%
  4. Below average, could have done better

9 vote(s)
    6.9%
  5. Poor, did not like most aspects of the series

5 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. popazn

popazn Well-Known Member

What do you think of this series as a whole? What are your opinions on the characters, the acting, setting, storyline and pace? Rate it and outline your justification here!

2. zero_c

zero_c Well-Known Member

So far the series is pretty good. Love most of the outdoor scene, I don't understand why TVB don't use real scenes, it makes it so much better. I hate all the cheesy scene with the fake rock. You would think that they would have perfected the way to make fake stone well.

3. koogepanini

koogepanini Well-Known Member

The plot of the series is pretty good. Raymond and Sammul are probably the most intriguing to watch in terms of acting. Very weak female cast unfortunately.

4. popazn

popazn Well-Known Member

I agree that the plot & storyline is good. It builds up suspense using clues, and adds twists in the conclusion to each mystery case. Raymond's acting I think is the most advanced in this series. As someone said in another thread, acting cool and emotionless, whilst memorising a lot of information to appear intelligent is difficult. He has done very well as i have seen. In terms of setting, they could have used more real scenery rather than in-house fake settings. But this could be due to budgeting. However, there are some scenes that are good, like the waterfall and rocky mountains. The pace is ok, it allows about 2eps per case, which flows on pretty smoothly.

5. fookjay07

fookjay07 Well-Known Member

pretty good and interesting...it cool, its like a must watch film in my list;)

6. zero_c

zero_c Well-Known Member

Well its good cause the storyline doesn't have too much relationship matter in it.

7. rogertangcu

rogertangcu Member

good series

8. HeAvEnzgmaIl

HeAvEnzgmaIl Well-Known Member

yess i love the plot how raymond is da good guy :) hehe just as good as HOG2 (Heart of greed 2 ) but i feel the ratings will not be as high :)

9. Sekci

Sekci Member

This series is awesome. The four actors have improved a lot and the plot is nice.

10. kikaneami

kikaneami New Member

The four main characters are ok but the main actress - kate tsui is not ok

her acting is not good... why dont let someone else with better acting to pair with Raymond !!!!!!!!

I really dont like Kate Tsui. Somehow she has nice body but the face is not suitable for ancient series and her acting is ...... >_<

11. 低B仔

低B仔 Well-Known Member

its quite good for a live movie but i think the manga/manhwa has more tension to the story and actions

12. the digital animation and parts are a bit cheesy but overall pretty good

13. vampirekiller25

vampirekiller25 Active Member

I love the fight scenes

14. pkjai

pkjai Member

pretty good at first but its starting to get a little boring now

15. i don't usually watch ancient series...but i gave this a try.. i like it so far.

16. saw 1 and a half chapters and couldn't stand it, normally i'd give at least a few more episodes into trying out new series but this totally turned me off with a really boring introduction to the movie. I felt like i was watching a murder mystery series 30 chapters in, trying to figure out what was going on in one of its sub plots to throw viewers over so that writers could work on the real plot. I might come back to it in the future if everyones reviews are high but for now it totally fails to impress me in whatever time i wasted watching it.

17. YuKi881

YuKi881 Active Member

I can't noted because it's not finish but I think I'm noted 5 Excellent because have too many actor who I liked.
    The history is interesting
    But now it's 5 maybe later is 4

18. i agree the beginning is kinda boring but it progresses as you go along..... its rather good i suppose... graphics are cheesy though lol

19. nothincomin

nothincomin Active Member

The plot is good but the graphics are sorta cheesy and shitty especially the fighting scenes.

20. wallacec

wallacec Active Member

I already watched up to 12 episodes, so far so good. Especially Raymond, he is very cool even though he is always on a wheel chair. I would recommend it to anyone who love TVB dramas.