What do you think of the ending? (spoiler alert)

Discussion in 'Sweetness in the Salt - 碧血鹽梟' started by rdyupah, Feb 4, 2009.

1. mrex8kin

mrex8kin New Member

This have been a really good series. Very interesting characters and story plot.

2. fookjay07

fookjay07 Well-Known Member

i didnt like the ending it was crap
    i think it be better if they both went together..

3. kenshin

kenshin Well-Known Member

This drama deserves a more tragic ending, like the tragic death of Raymond. TVB should make more tragic endings~

4. a_koala_bear

a_koala_bear New Member

i feel like tvb haven't been doing as good with its dramas lately... i liked the cast for this series and it was pretty good but the ending was just ehhh... it was nothing special and easily forgettable

5. angeltearz49

angeltearz49 New Member

i thought the ending was a major copout. i think i would have been satisfied regardless of who tavia's character ended up with because each man had his own merits and she obviously loved both of them. BUT instead of making tavia's character make a CHOICE, which would have been much more profound since she's been struggling with this for half the series, they had to kill raymond off instead. and it wasn't because raymond was sick and going to die anyway but because the "bad guy" stabbed him just for the heck of it. so the ending felt too contrived and forced.

also, the last two, three episodes just threw random tidbits in there that seemed so out of the blue. all of a sudden, raymond is not sick, n tavia has a third uncle, and steven's skeletons came out of the closet. the last part in particular pissed me off because for all that steven is a flawed character, he has a deep sense of righteousness. i felt that that sense of righteousness would not have allowed him to even attempt to keep such the secret about tavia's parents from her. he spent the whole series restraining himself from having a relationship with her, even after she forgave him, because he knew what he did. but all of a sudden, he does everything possible just to be with her. it just makes no sense.

6. fafeifa

fafeifa Well-Known Member

This series should of ended at episode 22!!

7. puppyangel18

puppyangel18 Member

i think there should have had a happy ending with tavia and steven

8. dongdong123

dongdong123 Member

this is very good story and i like the ending too.

9. Nnerak

Nnerak Well-Known Member

oh tvb....and there infamous endings

10. hk369

hk369 Member

Typical ending, nothing special

11. apples

apples Member

I didn't really like Steven and Tavia's chemistry in this series, I did however liked the song they sang together .

12. I didn't really like the ending. I was hoping Tavia and Raymond will end up together with a happy ending

13. Cutiekayla

Cutiekayla Member

A guessable ending....movie overall was good, I like it

14. TVadi

TVadi Well-Known Member

i thought tavia would end with raymond... would have been a much better ending

15. I didn't like the ending of Tavia getting together with Steven. I much prefer her with Raymond...there was hope that they'd end up together since he was getting better from his sickness but then he has to end up getting killed. They should have let him live and be with Tavia instead the ending became pretty predictable. Raymond and Tavia had good chemistry together in the drama...better than her and Steven in my opinion.

16. philhiew

philhiew Well-Known Member

I think TVB has to kill of Raymond's character to simply Tavia's choice of which guy she wants to be with in the end.

17. ochibi12

ochibi12 Well-Known Member

Typical ending, but still upset that Raymond was killed off. I'd much rather prefer Tavia with Raymond, although that does seem to be the general consensus. He didn't have to die, and who wants simple endings? In my opinion, the choice didn't even have to be a choice. If Raymond wasn't so obstinate in making Tavia a 'trophy' to whomever deserved her more, perhaps we wouldn't have this despicable ending. Steven killed her parents! What's more to debate and agonize over? She liked Raymond, wanted to marry him for real... Whatever happened to those well-written dramas from the good ol' days (90s)??

There doesn't seem to be enough guy actors so it's not surprising to see the same actors in the same general role.
    Steven Ma is not a particularly talented actor and undoubtedly, Raymond has more potential. However, I enjoy watching HK dramas regardless and look forward to their next work of art. I do so wish for better scripts...

18. wingsee26

wingsee26 New Member

I was hoping for a better ending.

19. Minna

Minna New Member

i really enjoyed watching this series.
    i didnt expect raymond to die! he just fully healed from the disease and then he dies.
    that was a really sad part. i didnt like the ending at all.

20. moranna

moranna Well-Known Member

Decent series, good performances, especially from Raymond, Pierre, ram, Kwok, joel and Devily, ending was poor, in fact it was your average tvb one, would have been interesting if Tavia ended up with both men, ah well, 7/10.

#40 moranna, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2009