What Course Are You Studying or What Profession Are You Right Now?

Discussion in 'School Work Help' started by fly2dasky, May 12, 2008.

?

Which Area of Study or Which Field Are You?

1. IT/Computer Science

48 vote(s)
    17.1%
  2. Engineering

58 vote(s)
    20.7%
  3. Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology etc)

32 vote(s)
    11.4%
  4. Health (Psychology, Biotech, Pharmacy, Gen Prac etc)

40 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. Law

8 vote(s)
    2.9%
  6. Business/Commerce

56 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Language

4 vote(s)
    1.4%
  8. Design

12 vote(s)
    4.3%
  9. Communication

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  10. Others (Please list it out)

21 vote(s)
    7.5%
  1. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

the teacher specially oredered it from US...i think...
    everybody had to do it...i had the caucasian baby....
    you can see what they look like from here http://www.lifechoice.co.uk/ethnicrange.htm

they were pretty lifelike n it was hard work...

2. Yehhh ngor drown sei lei laaa sei jai!! :slap:

Am i tellin her she HAS to do it :heherm:
    U had to do the dummy baby thing in health and social care?
    LOL we didnt... it was only in child development they had to do that :laugh:

3. Phoenix

yep...i had to do the baby thing...i looked dead according to my mum...n my bf wouldnt come near me when i had to look after the baby....=p
    all the other years are doing it aswel...except for yr7-9....they had to do look after their 'baby egg' but i think its cos health is available as GSCE so thats why they're doing it...

4. Ooooo.... Yeh did u have to use a push chaiR aswell? -lol
    I think out teacher was thinkin about makin us do the baby thing
    But it didnt happen in the end -lol

5. Phoenix

i took the car seat....we didnt hav the push chair but there was also the baby carrier..
    pple actually thought i had a real baby cos 'she' cried on the bus....n i had to rock her....=p
    there was a breast feeding device aswel..but i didnt use it...

6. Vinnie_boy

Vinnie_boy Well-Known Member

Note to everyone if anything happens to me it is the doing of Evil_mui

Hahaha i remember you taking that baby around the sixth form lol but didnt actually get a good look lol

Also just recieved some predicted grades from my ICT teacher and its kinda looking slim that im gonna be going to Queen Mary now lol So might be going to Brunel instead if i dont get the grades

7. JABBAWOCKEEZ

JABBAWOCKEEZ Guest

Human Biology major + Psychology major @ University of Toronto
    (the downtown campus, not the other fake ones LOL)

8. robsh

robsh Well-Known Member

Current Uni: City University London, Mechanical Engineering BEng ( Final Year Now)

and about engineering at imperial, i think all enginering in UK follows the same syllabus when theyre recognised by IMECHE
    i've been to Imperial doin Mechanical, unsuccesfully due to some reasons, and at City
    City is a shit place for engineering caompred to imperial but we actually do the same thing, most of my lecturre here are from imperial. i thnik the reason why imperial is so good as they say is coz of the resources they have and ITS IN LONDON
    they own a whole building just for mechanical engineering, so is civil
    and here at city our building is shared my at least 3 other department
    well at the end of the day the only thing that matters is wot Class of degree u get
    especially ppl engineering degree are highly sought in everywhere, all kinds of field

Engineering must be the hardest degree to get i think, apart from medicine

9. bbes

bbes Incredible

no i don't think so, i think law is very hard to get into and then economics is rather tough. besides engineering is huge and there are many different fileds of engineering u can go into. but yea never knew city did engineering, i thought city is gd for their business stuff rele more than engineering and the fact that the course syllabus is the same doesn't surprise me. most places u learn the same things and as all the unis are part of the uni of london so it wouldn't suprise me if u got lectures from ppl at imperial. but yea i do agree it is about the class of degree that u get though the ni repuation does help.

10. lovinglyxx

lovinglyxx Well-Known Member

jeez everyone's studying impressive courses 'yau chut sik'!!! a few engineers omgg..

for me..

Profession: not yet- very pessimistic on what my future holds though LOL

University (Undergraduate): Royal Holloway, University of London

Course (Undergraduate): Media Arts

11. fly2dasky

fly2dasky Papaya

Well, what I think is both reputation and your class of degree important as well as your final year project/research. I have a friend who get a 3rd class degree but he won an Award (IEEE Award) for his project by discovering errors in the Antenna Theories. Now, he's doing phd in Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and multinational companies hunting for him right now.

12. fly2dasky

fly2dasky Papaya

13. fly2dasky

fly2dasky Papaya

What do you study for human biology?Anatomy?

14. mooiced

mooiced Well-Known Member

Graduated from Stony Brook University. A BA in Political Science.

15. dim8sum

dim8sum ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪....

lol at my uni people studying law in the first year have like no exams, only got a few hours a week of lectures, the rest is like self learning which can be seen as hard or really easy

economics, not sure about the actual course, but if its anything like business management, its a piece of piss sorry to anyone who does it, but BS students have got it easy compared to engineers, bio, chem, med, science type degrees
    lol Business students got told at the beginning of the year, there were 10 possible questions which would be in their exam, then 5 would appear from which they have to choose 2 to actually do, and throughout the year the lecturer would hint at which questions would come up

16. itzfannie

itzfannie Well-Known Member

Nursing...for now -.-

17. fly2dasky

fly2dasky Papaya

Well, its all depend on the interest a person had in the course. The course will be hard if the person don't like it or been forced to do it. Medicine and Law are both more to memorizing while engineering is more to thinking the logic behind. So, we can't really compare which course is the toughest to study.

18. JABBAWOCKEEZ

JABBAWOCKEEZ Guest

MD is Medical Doctor.

mostly biology and physiology. the requirements for the major are actually very flexible, as in there is a list of courses you can choose to do to get the major. the list also has courses from anatomy, biochemistry, immunology, molecular genetics, and stuff lol

19. fly2dasky

fly2dasky Papaya

Oh, its called biomedical science in Australia. Do you enjoy doing it?