What Are Your Goals For 2014?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fearless_fx, Jan 19, 2014.

1. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

Just curious what everyone's goals are for 2014.

Resolutions are bullshit, tell me what you want to accomplish and how you're going to accomplish those goals.

[​IMG]

My goal is to clear $100,000+ in annual income for 2014.

Based on my 2013 T4 it's looking like I'm getting close, and it should be doable if I continue to crush 50-70 hour work weeks on a regular basis. The sacrifice will be giving up most or all of my social life, but I want to build a financial nest egg and it seems like now is the time to do it.

Making a six figure income has always been my goal before I turn 26 and it seems to finally be within reach.

2. This. Cannot be said enough.

These are the main points that are lacking with "setting resolutions". I'd like to add that this applies to every single intention in life, not just New Year's resolution. Setting resolutions is an intent. It says nothing about the criteria for success. It says nothing about analyzing and understanding what actions need to be taken in order to achieve that goal. And it says nothing about having a plan to achieve that success.

Have a goal that can be quantified, measured and evaluated. (i.e: I will lose 100lbs by December, not I will lose weight this year).
    Create a plan that lists all of the actions you need to take to achieve that goal.
    Create milestones, checkpoints along the way for you to evaluate your progress against where you should be in order to reach that goal.

What a baller. Best of luck to you, I'm sure you have what it takes to get it done.

Anyway, my goals over 5 years:

1. Accumulate savings for a PMP or Masters of Administration tuition
    2. Accumulate as much as possible to help significantly offset sibling's Law or MBA tuition. (perhaps 50%+ of the tuition)
    3. Help parents pay off debt that was acquired due to tough economic times.

Goals for 10 years (or one of, at least):

1. Accumulate enough to buy off parents' home.

3. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

Been there, done that; all I have to say is, be careful what you wish you. Once you get there, you may find that it really wasn't all that you had imagined it to be. Money isn't everything; enjoy life and those around you as it can be insidiously fleeting. Nevertheless, good luck in all that you do, and I hope everything turns out the way you want for you ;)

4. Akira-

Akira- Well-Known Member

May I ask what your job is?

5. person

person Well-Known Member

Well, I'm still in school so somewhat simple things for me.

1. Try not to drop Financial Management - make sure to keep up with the work and get extra help when needed
    2. Find a summer job with a company I could work for once I graduate next year
    3. Try and take a summer course or two, so I can graduate by end of the year
    4. Be less selfish as a daughter and take initiative in helping my parents - I have been an ass over the past couple of years, and even though I have my good moments, I have my bad.