What are some good universities for Life Scienence and Accounting?

Discussion in 'School Work Help' started by camospartan, Jan 3, 2009.

1. camospartan

camospartan Well-Known Member

I want to know what are some good universities that are suited for Life Science and Accounting in Canada (mainly in Ontario). Currently I have picked Waterloo for Life Science (leads to Pharmacy 2nd Year), and their Accounting and Financial Management ( leads to MAcc for CA). Also Western for Biomed Sci. I heard UofT(SG) kills ur GPA so it would be hard to apply for med school or pharmacy school. So is it wise to apply for SG?

2. mrsus

mrsus Member

Queen's university also has a good Life Science program that's geared towards research. UTSG Life Sci is easy to get into, but hard to stay in because of what you mentioned about the 'killing of your GPA".

But before deciding, consider your own marks right now, what you want to do with a life sci degree (med school? pharmacy? grad school? etc) before you make your final decision.

3. kdotc

kdotc 안녕하세요빅뱅K-Dragon입니다

do you want to stay local or move in res? if you want local then UTSJ for life sci and schulich @ york for business ... UTSJ doesn't kill your gpa..it really depends on how you act tho...if you study hard and actually enjoy science then you can achieve a good gpa .. if you really thinkg UTSJ then just go to UTSC and get your gpa then apply for post grad cause a life science degree is pretty useless these days since every1 got one

if you want to move out then waterloo is where you want to go since they offer co-op for science and accounting... western's ivey school is also good for business

4. khaotic

khaotic Fobulous

For Life Sciences I would have picked either McMaster, Queens, or UofT.
    All three have excellent programs. I know a couple people going to UofT for pharmacy in their 2nd year after they've done 2 years at Mac or Queens. And you're right about UofT killing your GPA. But I would still apply! Who knows... You have May to decide (I think). So you might change your mind. Its always good to keep your options open!

For Accounting I picked Waterloo and Queens.
    I don't really know much about the quality of accounting programs at various schools, but I think Loo is pretty good.

But as what was said above. Make sure you know what you're going to do with your Life sci degree.

EDIT: Oh its February... I think its past the due date for applications lol. Can you still add applications?

5. jedisoul

jedisoul Member

well, i'm in waterloo life sci and giong for med or pharmacy program but after seeing how the program is like i'd rather go for u of t sg life sci. i heard it wasn't so hard if you study ur ass off hehe.

for accting, go to waterloo. western's ivey is good too if you can get in.