Weight Loss Tips.

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty, and Fashion' started by Estevann, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Estevann

Estevann New Member

1. Design, your own healthy diet plan.
    2. Start from, foundation of happiness.
    3. Make a commitment to whatever it takes.
    4. Drink Water 2 Ltr a day.
    5. Find a way to exercise daily.
    6. Keep a Journal.
    7. Eat vegetables.

2. Aznmask

Aznmask Well-Known Member

3. Vend

Vend Well-Known Member

1. Stop eating junk food. (NO sodas, fried food, candies, chips, fats, power/energy/juice drinks, pizza, etc)
    2. Do NOT eat anything after 4 pm or 5 pm. (Depends on your lifestyle)
    3. Exercise. (Yes, you MUST exercise! At least, 20 mins a day! Start by doing a mix set of push-ups and squats for 20 mins makes a big difference! Yes, 1 min breaks are allowed. -rolleyes)

Eat the right amount. Veggies and meat proportions should be 3:1.
    Know what you are eating! Consuming high sugar based food is BAD. Sugar comes in MANY FORMS! Read the labels! ( I bet many of you don't!)

The first 3 days are difficult to adjust for first timers. Afterwards, will be easy. Depending what you want for your ideal body, obviously, food proportion and the type of exercises need to be adjusted.

Note: Obviously, if you have any health problems/diseases, don't do this. Be smart. Consult with your doctor first.

4. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

Okay, here we go. I recently committed to a more active lifestyle as of about 8 weeks ago and have been attempting to reach a weight goal and to build my body into something more respectable. I already know a fair bit about nutrition and exercise, however I never really got down to applying it until lately.

Please note: I am not a professional nutritionist or fitness expert by any means, but since you posted I will share some stuff I've learned.

A lot of my friends have said the split between diet and exercise is around 80/20. Personally I feel like it's more 60/40. You can't lose weight if you eat like shit, but you also can't lose weight if all you do is sit around the house playing video games and not staying active. (Well, actually you can, but lets assume you also want to be healthy, not just skinny)

Food Related:

1. Cut out soft drinks & high sugar juices. This is tough for anyone who loves sugar, but honestly all those calories are going to destroy any chances of losing weight. Here is a pretty good example of why:

[​IMG]

2. Cut out bad fat. This also requires some willpower, particularly if you are Asian. Food with a lot of oil and grease is never good for you and goes straight to your stomach, sides and ass. Eat natural and get lots of fruits and veggies. Also, sauces and gravy and stuff are full of everything you don't need if you're trying to cut weight.

3. Drink lots of water, or better yet. Green Tea. I drink a package of the below tea every day I'm in the office and I find it gives me a slight energy boost. Green tea is supposed to help in weight loss, and although you need significant amounts to see much gain, any amount will help you improve your health. You can get the following tea from Costco; it tastes great... probably the best green tea I've ever had:

http://www.amazon.com/Kirkland-Signature-Matcha-Japanese-Leaves/dp/B000WB1YSE

4. Take supplements. Personally I take the following every day: 1 multivitamin, 1 2000IU vitamin D, 1 Calcium w/ Magnesium, 1 Zinc, 1 Reservatrol, 1 Brewers Yeast. (sorry I don't have the content breakdown... too lazy to check all the numbers)

I am also waiting on some 350mg green tea capsules and Acai berry capsules to help give me a metabolism boost and will add them to my regimen. If you're looking for a good site to order supplements: www.puritan.com is what I use. Better prices than GNC by far.

5. Get some psyllium husk or flax seeds to help improve your motility and take that as directed, usually once a day. Pooing more regularly is pretty important too. Slow bowel motility is linked to obesity.

6. In general you need to cut out 500 calories a day from your diet in order to lose 1 pound a week. If you wanted you could cut 1000 per day, but this can be a little more dangerous and a lot harder. You don't have to cut out all the food you like, but maybe take a second look at the nutrition label on your favorite box of cereal before you pour a bowl for yourself tomorrow morning.

Gym Related:

1. Join up at a gym as close to your home as possible, even if it is a little more expensive. I've always had access to my university gym, however that is about 10-15 minutes away. My current gym is about a 2 minute drive from my house, or about a 6 minute run. Getting to the gym is half the battle, so make it as easy on yourself to get there as you can.

2. Split cardio and weights. Personally I start with cardio for 25 minutes in order to get my body temperature up and build some momentum for weights. 25 minutes of cardio, 45 minutes of weights and 15 minutes of walking/jogging seems to be a great combination; however you should do what you have time for or have the energy for. If all you can commit is an hour to the gym, then maximize your workout for that time period.

3. Get a friend to show you how to lift weights properly. This is pretty self explanatory. Some weights are very straightforward. Machines usually have instructions on them, and free weight exercises are pretty intuitive... but it still helps to have someone who knows what they are doing to help you.

4. Go to the gym at least 3-4 times a week. Anything less and you won't see any result. Keep track of how often you're going in your head. If its less than 3 days a week call yourself a pussy and ask you why you're such a little bitch. :rl:

5. Sweat. You won't lose weight unless you heat up your body enough to put your body into a state of thermogenesis. Walking on the treadmill will help a bit, but you're not going to see much weight loss unless you have the sweat to show for it. Powerwalk or jog.

5. You might ask yourself, why would I want to go to the gym to build muscle? I'm fat, I don't want more mass. Basically, when your body is burning energy, it is going to take that energy from fat before it takes it from your muscle. If you have a lot of muscle mass you are going to be passively burning more calories than someone who is all fat.

If you are really committed you should find a sport you like and do it regularly. There are lots of great summer sports which involve lots of cardio like soccer, ultimate frisbee, tennis etc. I'm very partial to Tennis and found that I lost several pounds just playing tennis last summer every weekend.

In the end, none of these tips will do you any good if you aren't motivated. So here is some motivation:

[​IMG]

td;dr - suck my balls.

5. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

[video=youtube;ZVIPjrokm40]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVIPjrokm40[/video]

do the one that starts 4:24 start with that light jump but as you advance try a full jump like (knee to chest level) you will be burned and out in ten reps lol. And definitely tons of situps and look at other variations of situps as well, i find everyone needs different ab exercise as most would not work for me at all. Like ab exercises on the exercise ball never worked for me.

These are some examples that actually worked for me:
    [video=youtube;V2oLBw1cN9g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2oLBw1cN9g[/video]

[video=youtube;jnu0ZomZgBY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnu0ZomZgBY[/video]

extremely simple modified leg raise type exercise but also very good burn and pain lol. You would not know until you've tried it.

run like 4 miles every other day. (maybe everyday)

If your goal is only to lose weight lift light plus more sets+reps. Don't attempt heavy weights with low sets and reps.

Pull ups if you can do it. Dips if you can do them.

Keep a strict diet: No fast food, frozen food, beer, alchohol, cup noodles, sugars, sodas etc. ( i fail at the diet part even though i don't touch sodas) but hey i can run run like 6 miles and walk 2 in the same session and not faint after so i'm still okay shape :trollface2:

6. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

That lower ab workout in the third vid you posted looks solid, definitely going to ad that to my regimen, rather than the full leg lift.

7. jbaprototype

jbaprototype Well-Known Member

i heard eating raspberries in the morning will make u loose wait. Also yogurt for flatter abs.

8. Aznmask

Aznmask Well-Known Member

eat steam veg
    brown rice
    beef / chicken /
    fruit (orange, apple, etc)
    5-6 times a day.
    no sweet foods, soda , you can lost the first 10lb so easily.
    But if you want to tone up a bit then you need to do exercise atleast 3times a day.

9. chinadoll

chinadoll Well-Known Member

Lower Body Tabata Workout - HIIT Workout to Burn Belly ..

anyone has workout exercise video on somthing like this? can share

10. hey NAS, are you buff yet?

11. bbgirlsum

bbgirlsum Well-Known Member

The main thing about weight loss you have to have that determination and discipline to keep carry on with the food regimes and the exercise regimes that you put yourself through. Without that drive, motivation and discipline, it can all go to pop and all the efforts will be gone. Thought I would mention it when fear's point is at the end of his long essay :p

12. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

wouldnt say im buffed buffed i say steady four pack ish ive really been changing up my whole workout philosophy etc i am currently focused mostly on bodyweight exercises in addition to one day a week for legs squats deadlifts etc but all upper lol. Core exercises is where its at! My biggest problem still definitely lies on eating enuff lol.

13. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

Funny though looking back a year ago hahaha that mike chang ab workout still legit but that channel has become almost useless to me rofl.

Now i say you want some fucking ab and core strength do these mofos the bruce lee "leg raise" :
    [video=youtube;njKXkuhY7_0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njKXkuhY7_0[/video] They will help you build up to the most advanced stuff 4 reps of these feel like 200 crunches lol.