Want to Lose 20lbs Quick

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty, and Fashion' started by Sweetsumigirl, Oct 18, 2007.

1. MrCooperS

MrCooperS Well-Known Member

I think if you want to faint from malnutrition you can follow this guy's diet.

Way to revive a old thread.

2. AC0110

AC0110 Let the Fun Begin

I need to gain 20lbs quick -_-

3. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

laxatives.

4. reno

reno Well-Known Member

that ain't gonna help him gain 20lbs quick!

5. bbgirlsum

bbgirlsum Well-Known Member

steady meals, eat more meals but in a lot less portion and exercise

do not do any diets because when you revert back to what you normally eat, you will pile on the weight back on because your calories had gained. so i will suggest the eat more but less portion thing. i was told that if you eat every 3 hours, your motablism will work very fast and your food will not sit there whether you exercise or not so less fat will be stored onto your body.

i know its hard when you are at college but its the only way to do it.... =/

6. ralphrepo

ralphrepo Well-Known Member

You know this thread is about four years old... :rolleyes2:

7. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

i'm on the same boat -whistle

8. [N]

[N] RATED [ ]

u stick figure!

Dav too! grow some manliness! girls!

9. kevin

kevin RAWR!

haha hate revival of the dead threads. If you want it the quick and simple way, have an operation and cut off all the fat! They suck it out for you with the machine.

10. Scott

Scott New Member

First you tell me how quick. Because I am going to suggest you protein diet and it takes almost one month to get good results. Also do regular exercise and aerobics.

11. Tiger King

Tiger King Well-Known Member

Prescribing you with DEDICATION and HARD WORK

No other way, and don't look into detox diets, or anything that claims you can drop 50lb in 5 days or whatever. Fake and unhealthy. Detox diets are not meant to be weight loss intended, it is what it is, detoxing. Your weight loss is mainly water weight.

Do NOT follow celebrity diet plans - They are very misleading and dangerous. You DO NOT want to live off just one apple and a tuna can a day.

12. intraland

intraland Well-Known Member

are you fking serious?? that's your path to losing muscle mass and gaining it right back. no way in hell it'll work.

what you need is HIGH PROTEIN. LOW CARBS. So says the "Why we get Fat?" book (http://www.amazon.ca/Why-We-Get-Fat-About/dp/0307272702)

The problem with your so called prescribed plan is that you are focusing on only carbs. This will only make your body reserve its fat, because it would prefer to use up these carbs before using storage. That's what insulin does. It basically says: "hold the fat! We've got carbs coming!" Now that we've got that covered, it only gets worse. The priority of body metabolism is like so: Carbs --> Muscle --> Fat.

So there's no way you'll get to the Fat reserve if you use your current "strategy". This is where exercise comes in. Doing cardio is ok, but it is low impact in terms of muscle triming/leaning/losing weight. You need to do a combination of cardio and resistance training (weights) to lose the most fat mass (usually warming up with a bit of cardio, then going into resistance because your body would be warmed up). The reason behind this reasoning is that because since your muscles are being used, there is no way your body will think it is logical to extract and break down the protein in the muscles, because it is busy. Thus the body would go to the fat reserve.

Then there is the key rule not to overwork a certain part of the body, because if you don't let those muscles recover, you won't be doing yourself any good (physically or mentally).

That is not to say, your body will revert back to breaking down the protein to regain the fat reserve once you slow down and relax. Which is why you should eat a high protein meal post-work out (not a big one), so that you (1) have protein to rebuild the broken muscle fibers done during exercise (2) reduce muscle loss from the protein being broken down.

I'm not saying Meat is the only source of protein. Actually beans and peas (eg. chickpeas, any beans, etc) are quite high in protein:carbs ratio. Not to mention it also has a lot of fiber. If you don't have that, a cup of skim milk (although not the best because the sugar level isn't so low) could be a source of protein.

Also if you are going to eat meat, stay away from high fat ones. Try to stay with things like chicken breast. Lean meat people.

then you get fat again because your brain notices there aren't any hormonal responses coming from those areas with fat you just sucked out. so it puts fat right back. sad but true.

13. Aznmask

Aznmask Well-Known Member

I think when it come to diet, 70% is what you eat.
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/17-best-foods-for-dieters

Try to eat proteins, fibers, healthy foods. -

DO NOT drink Soda/ alcohol,
    DO not Eat instant noodle, fast foods, (maybe once a month is okay)

and do some exercise, cardio, running, swiming.. or sport does help too.

Warning: DO not hungry yourself!!!!

14. Bulla

Bulla Well-Known Member

i know how to lose 2 pounds in 2 minutes :trollface2:

15. Chibi12

Chibi12 Well-Known Member

If you want to lose fat, cardiovascular exercise is your best bet, and the rowing machine is great for sliming and toning your arms.

16. Hartia

Hartia Well-Known Member

you want to gain....just go to a ff restaurant and say "supersize me" and eat it all

17. jtommy87

jtommy87 Well-Known Member

I was like that in college, gains so much weight so fast without realizing and now it's so hard to lose it

18. Hmm - 20 lbs. If you want to lose fat fast - without dieting and without exercising, then I know how to do that - in the heathiest way imaginable. I lost 20KG in 12 weeks just by taking Organic Cold Pressed Coconut Oil every day. Just track down a book called "Eat Fat - Lose Fat" by the Weston A Price foundation to get the details - you have to take quite a lot to achieve that result but it sure works. It's not selective though - it will remove the fat from everywhere - so your face will slim too - and staying on it every day will keep the fat off. I've been taking it for over 10 years and never felt better, but if you're worried about your legs looking thin - go back to the gym and do only do a regular routine of Leg Presses - that'll take care of that.

19. Hartia

Hartia Well-Known Member

or Diet pills

20. EvilTofu

EvilTofu 吃|✿|0(。◕‿◕。)0|✿|吃

bringing back these old threads....:eek2: