Want to Help out at DA? Join the DA Crew!

Discussion in 'Site Info, Rules, Feedback, and Announcements' started by b-lee, Jun 26, 2008.

1. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

^ uuh... bump?

2. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

Fucking hilarious man.

3. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

lol not sure if you're being sarcastic or not... Predator was a sweet movie regardless.

4. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

no sarcasm here. a big predator fan.

5. love_of_tvb

love_of_tvb Well-Known Member

I posted to apply almost 1.5 years ago and did not get a response, so, with updated info:

Username: love_of_tvb
    Hobbies: Swimming, TVB, catching up with BOSCOLIE (Bosco and Myolie), Architecture work, Claywork and Creative Artwork
    What do you like the most about PA?:
    1. Being able to download TVB everyday.
    2. Being able to post my fanfics.
    3. Being able to translate and share Chinese entertainment news articles with others.
    Are there anything you think PA can improve on? Not at the moment.
    What position are you applying for? News/Translator Crew/ Chinese Entertainment Moderator
    Why do you want to join? I sometimes translate Chinese news anyways. And, I read chinese entertainment news daily. I would like to share some news with people who are not able to read Chinese.
    Additional things you want to say?

#25 love_of_tvb, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  6. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

I almost forgot about this thread... I will be actively reviewing new applicants from now on.

Mainly looking for news/translators, mods for certain sections of the forum, and also looking for people who are skilled in Photoshop - designing banners, logos, custom pictures, etc. If you're interested in a position/want to help PA post an application and if you've already posted one before but did not get a response(Sorry!), post another one! (like love_of_tvb)

7. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

hey blee i sent u a pm a few weeks ago to see if u needed any help on the sub forum images

8. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

would you be able to specify the requirements for being a moderator? i reckon the requirements are much more sophisticated than those of the news crew. i'd love to apply for the sports section forum if the opportunity presented itself. :)

9. b-lee

i definitely need some help with that, your msg probably got swamped by other pms and I either accidentally deleted it or i read it and forgot about it or both..lol can u send me another pm?

Besides the universal requirements;how active you are on the forums, how long you've been here, will you fit in with existing mods, are you a trustworthy person, maturity level, etc will determine our decision also there will be a vote and discussion between the mods. if you're really interested post an app and we'll go from there :)

10. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Username: mr_evolution

Hobbies: Sports, chilling with friends, going on the net

What do you like the most about PA?
    All the people on PA that keeps it lively

Are there anything you think PA can improve on?
    Travel forum, A general drama discussion forum, profile music, bigger avatars for vip

What position are you applying for?
    Chinese Entertainment Moderator

Why do you want to join?
    Lots of threads in there, sometimes even double threads, just nice to keep things neat, and possibly sticky the important/breaking news.

11. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

Username: supahdav

Hobbies: Friends, Sports, Internet, Gym, Making $

What do you like the most about PA? As cliche as it is, it's the people who you've gotten to known throughout your time here. Being a place where people can discuss things and where you can find a reliable source of downloads is definitely a plus too.

Is there anything you think PA can improve on? Perhaps finding a way to get more members to be actively involved and contribute in one area or another. More voices are always appreciated!

What position are you applying for? Sports Chat Moderator

Why do you want to join? I love sports and I feel that my passion for it makes me an ideal candidate for the position. I also want to make a sincere effort to keep the site fresh and updated on the sports side of things. I figure it also doesn't hurt to keep things organized. :)

12. SUSIE-DANG-1988

SUSIE-DANG-1988 ~ TVB ADDICT ~

Username: SUSIE-DANG-1988

Hobbies: Forums, Watching TVB, listening to hkmusic

From other forums i've joined - this forum i'm more active in and got to know other PA member

Pretty much what I posted on the suggestion thread... mainly about the download section and spamming

erm.. well dunno what position it's called.. but you prob know what I want to do.. haha. Just basically merge all those threads with the same title, being able to edit/delete memeber's post. download request section - since i'm pretty much doing all the job - helpping with their request. being able to lock the thread once request full-filled. being able to delete thread if not following rules.

Why do you want to join?
    Always active - will make the download section neeter, easier to search. More active mods to help out.
    Delete all those double posted news, films = Less clutter space = loads pages faster?

13. b-lee

Just to let the applicants know, your applications are being reviewed and we're discussing about each applicant. It will probably take another week before we decide.

Also if anyone else is interested please apply :)

14. Age:hmm mid-late 20's :yes:

Username: happiboi

Hobbies: Dining out, hanging with friends, messing with my car and having a few alcoholic beverages

Everyone seems quite friendly and easygoing... and I can log in and jump in the chat box and randomly chat to people haha

Bigger avatars for vip~!!! Getting members more active... Have a chatbox on the mobile version of the site ...that's about it so far

Downloads Forum Moderator

Why do you want to join?
    Want to help keep things tidy, purge spam and keep things up-to-date with new threads

15. jason.so

jason.so Member

let me know if you guys need assistance on anything, would love to help out the PA community

16. b-lee

post more often in chat/forums so other mods can get to know you better first :)

17. Phoenix

Phoenix *~Though she be but little, she is fierce~*

So this is my application

Username
    : Phoenix

Hobbies:
    Karaoke, cooking, baking and eating good food, like drawing/origami/writing original stories in spare time, secret hardcore gamer depending on the game, filming, Food challenges/Sports Challenges - loser has to treat for the activity^^

What do you like the most about DA?: I like having the chatbox feature so you can chitchat and get to know each member a bit better - nice to interact and makes the forum more lively ~ plus that's generally where you can fish out the trolls and the dodgy ones...

Is there anything you think DA can improve on? More smiley features if possible...but nothing major that i can think of at the moment.

A bit of both - Time to put those school qualis to use.

Why do you want to join?
    To help out DA, it's been with me for nearly 10 yrs - made some cool friends and we've had successful meetups because of DA.....there was one or two wishy washy members but meh...

Whilst I may not be very good to help with the whole techie side of things, I think I can help to post up more interesting random articles which hopefully will get people more involved in all parts of the forum, plus i'm in the office for like 60hrs min. so i pretty much got use of the internet all day....multitask......

Additional things you want to say?(anything)

I'm random ~ bleh

PAFF will take over......:shifty:

On a more 'serious' note
    Regardless if this is approved or not,Ii'll still help post things anyway. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Win! Win! x 1
  18. b-lee

Thanks for applying Phoenix, will put this through the other mods to see what they think. :)