Want to Help out at DA? Join the DA Crew!

Discussion in 'Site Info, Rules, Feedback, and Announcements' started by b-lee, Jun 26, 2008.

1. b-lee

b-lee ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Universal Requirements (You must meet these requirements first, in order to have a chance to join)

1. You must have at least 100 constructive posts
    2. Must be active within the forum.
    3. Must be mature.
    4. Must not be a moderator for other forums that are similar to DA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News/Translators Crew - News / Translators Crew will help post latest entertainment news on DA. They will keep DA up to date with the latest buzz in the Asian Entertainment / Western Entertainment Industry =)

Requirements
    - able to post at least 1 news per week.

For Translators only:
    - You must know how to read and write in English and also know how to read another language other than English. (ie. Know how to read Chinese, Korean, or JaDAnese)

Writers Crew - Writers crew will be in charge of providing information on movies, music, celebrities. They must have good English writing skills; they are able to produce well written informational post on albums, movies, dramas, celebrity biographies and also (not required for biographies) provide a review for the album/movie/drama they are writing about. Crew members will also be editing each other's articles when they can.

Requirements
    - Must enjoy writing.
    - Must be able to write well written reviews.
    (DA staff can provide you with sources)

How to apply and selection process

1. Fill out the application below and just post it on this thread.
    2. Applicants that are accepted will be put in a Trial group. After a certain period of time, DA staff will evaluate your activities/work/contribution to decide whether or not we will be making you a permanent DA crew member.
    3. We will not be accepting all applications but don't be discouraged There is no limit to the amount of crew members we are recruiting so if you aren't accepted, keep trying!

Application

Username:
    What do you like the most about DA?:
    Are there anything you think DA can improve on?
    What position are you applying for?
    Why do you want to join?
    Additional things you want to say?(anything)

Any Questions Please post them here.

#1 b-lee, Jun 26, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  2. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Username: mr_evolution
    Hobbies: Internet, computers, hanging out with friends, basketball, air hockey, movies, photoshop
    What do you like the most about PA?: It's a forum about Chinese Ent, Western Ent, TVB Dramas, Random Lounge Topics, Stephy Tang, all in English!
    Are there anything you think PA can improve on? Acquiring more members, make forum groups more accessible and adding profile music ;)
    What position are you applying for? News/Translators Crew
    Additional things you want to say?(anything) Staff or not, I still enjoying being a VIP of PA! :xd:

#2 mr_evolution, Jun 27, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2008
  3. Phil

Phil 香港 PA 社團 揸Fap 人

Username: Phil
    Hobbies:games, hanging with friends, eating , sleeping , being on the computer and watching TV ^^ i know im lazy
    What do you like the most about PA?:Hong Kong News , reviews and forums bout Drama and Movies,Useful Tips such as Fashion , Love and Tech, meeting People ( on shoutbox ^^ ) and Epic Randomness
    Are there anything you think PA can improve on?um More user Friendly, making the Download Section easier to use, maybe a new layout, i dunno?
    What position are you applying for? News/Translators Crew ( coz its the easiest)
    Additional things you want to say?(anything) No, im not Ham sup or a stalker and NO i dont like KT , for all you Nosy People lol

4. still open anyone else intrested?

5. emawlee28

emawlee28 Well-Known Member

Username:emawlee28
    Hobbies: chatting . music . having fun ?
    What do you like the most about PA?: the music section ;D and the new section .
    Are there anything you think PA can improve on? put the song name on the PA . Radio website ?
    What position are you applying for? writing creww ..
    Why do you want to join? because i think i would do ok ?
    Additional things you want to say?i love pa :)

6. jazlynnyee

jazlynnyee Fantabulous!!!

Username: jazlynnyee
    Hobbies: traveling, hanging out with friends, eating, swimming, watching movies and drama series, photography and photoshopping, definitely can't live without music :p
    What do you like the most about PA?: it's definitely a heaven for bananas like me to get my daily dose of asian entertainment (especially chinese)...also i like the user-friendly layout and it doesn't take long time for newbies to figure out how to go about in this place (off course there are still rooms for improvement)
    Are there anything you think PA can improve on? some subforums are kinda outdated or dead...maybe can do something bout it?
    What position are you applying for? news crew (is it possible to be the news crew without doing translations? my chinese and japanese are not good enough for translation yet).
    Why do you want to join? a way for me to make a small contribution back to PA
    Additional things you want to say? to all admins, mods and contributors, thanks alot! really appreciate all the efforts and contributions...keep the good work going!

#6 jazlynnyee, Sep 1, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  7. Toby

Toby Active Member

Username: Toby
    Hobbies: Music, Batminton, Friends get togather, Photography. trying new things and finding good places for food.
    What do you like the most about PA?: Its Asians and well updated on the Asian Entertainment sector and series/movies. Great place !!
    Are there anything you think PA can improve on? The site is pretty awesome !
    What position are you applying for? Writing Crew and News Crew
    Why do you want to join? Was always interested in the Asian Entertainment.
    Additional things you want to say?(anything) Like running around taking pictures of artists and live concerts. Also in HK.

8. kuldes

kuldes New Member

-JUZ 18
    -kuldes
    -ermmm.. dono liao.. bout 2 years ago..
    -listen music, badminton, pc games, chattin, on9 n meet new frens
    -provide site 4 me 2 dload tings n keep me update wit the latest news!!! n meet new frens
    -basically, its all ok le.. but i tink should change the colour of the page 2 attract more ppl 2 visit cause as far as i concern tis color nvr change b4
    -moderator 4 any section regardin 2 music n movie or drama
    -i lik 2 lead a group of ppl n make more new fren... plus, as a chinese, v should support chnese website... n i don 1 2 waste my time by plyin pc games oni... n oso keep myself update wit the latest news
    -although i not liv in HK, but i always refer 2 tis website.... thx...

9. Raindropz

Raindropz Anemone--

Username: Raindropz
    Hobbies: listening to music, reading, playing piano, hanging out with friends, watching dramas
    What do you like the most about PA?: It's a place to share everything from the most recent music and drama episodes to personal thoughts and rants. =)
    Are there anything you think PA can improve on? Post control. Can you guys move posts?
    What position are you applying for? News Crew
    Why do you want to join? I would like to help bring the most recent Asian entertainment news to PA
    Additional things you want to say?(anything)
    Hi :)

10. drsnoopy

drsnoopy Well-Known Member

Application

Age: like clint eastwood in gran turino, except more awesome.
    Username: drsnoopy
    Hobbies: gaming. studying. hanging w/ friends. mostly studying.
    What do you like the most about PA?: random stuff.
    Are there anything you think PA can improve on? more health related news.
    What position are you applying for? health correspondent
    Why do you want to join? add more health news that's relevant to our needs
    Additional things you want to say? I'll occassionally rant, but mostly write about whatever new developments come up in the world about health.

11. hKcaKeS

hKcaKeS Active Member

Username: hKcaKeS
    Hobbies : Hanging with friends, jam music, basketball, tennis, read.
    What do you like the most about PA? : An asian forum, HK news, forums about dramas and movies, friendly users.
    Are there anything you think PA can improve on? : Not really.
    What position are you applying for? : News/Translator crew
    Why do you want to join? : I just want to help out PA and I guess thats a way to contribute PA
    Additional things you want to say? : Umm. I know I have little post and no constructive post. But I can work on those later on. So please dont judge my application because Im new to PA and with little posts amount. Thanks

12. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

If posts aren't applications, they will be removed.

Knoc

13. dukechee

dukechee New Member

Username:dukechee
    Hobbies: internet, tvb drama
    What do you like the most about PA?:TV Drama Series/Shows
    Are there anything you think PA can improve on? put the song name on the PA . Radio website ?
    What position are you applying for? downloading..
    Why do you want to join? because i think i would do ok ?
    Additional things you want to say?i love pa :)..

14. kawaiicute

kawaiicute Active Member

Username:kawaiicute
    Hobbies: internet, tvb drama
    What do you like the most about PA?:TV Drama Series/Shows/Discuss forum
    Are there anything you think PA can improve on?
    I think, PA can share more downloads without POST, somehow, there is hard for new members to get their POST before they want to download their Movies or Dramas...
    What position are you applying for? downloading..
    Why do you want to join? because i want to download and share my opinion with members
    Additional things you want to say?
    Wish I can download whatever I want in this web..
    =)

15. mr_evolution

mr_evolution ( • )( •ԅ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

This thread is for PA NEWS CREW APPLICATION ONLY!

If you want to download, click here and READ!

LEARN HOW TO DOWNLOAD HERE

16. KaY_xD

KaY_xD 但願人長久,千里共嬋娟

Username: KaY_xD
    Hobbies: WATCH TV, INTERNET, MUSIC, EDIT CLIPS, COOK.....
    What do you like the most about PA?: THE OPEN-MIND ATTITUDE & THE AWESOME POSTS BY SOME GREAT PEOPLE
    Are there anything you think PA can improve on? IT HAS BEEN IMPROVED ALREADY
    What position are you applying for? NEWS/TRANSLATOR CREW
    Why do you want to join? A LITTLE CONTRIBUTION TO A SITE I LIKE
    Additional things you want to say?(anything) [WHAT DID YOU HAVE FOR DINNER?] I'M FINE WITH USING BOTH CHINESE AND ENGLISH.

17. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

Username: supahdav
    Hobbies: Friends, TV, Internet, Reading, Sports, Eating
    What do you like the most about PA?: With certainty, the community and the people. I have had as big a welcome as i had hoped and even better. It's been great meeting so much new people.
    Are there anything you think PA can improve on? I think PA is great already, but if there needed to be improvements, I would have to say events and more member interactions. It would be cool if there were monthly events where PA members could compete and win things.
    What position are you applying for? News Crew
    Why do you want to join? I love to download from PA and I don't want to receive without giving something back in return. The people here at PA have also welcomed me with open arms and I would like to show my gratitude to them all by contributing in any way I can.
    Additional things you want to say? I'm not looking at this position as something to do for the couple of months of free time I have. I'm definitely interested in this position for the long haul and I will try my best to not let the PA community down.

18. Knoctur_nal

Knoctur_nal |Force 10 from Navarone|

Dusted. Keep it to applications ladies and gentlemen.
    Nice find to those who spotted the discrepanciess in the application.

Knoc

19. love_of_tvb

love_of_tvb Well-Known Member

Username: love_of_tvb
    Hobbies: Swimming, TVB, catching up with BERMO (Bernice and Moses), and BOSCOLIE (Bosco and Myolie)
    What do you like the most about PA?: being able to download TVB everyday, and being able to post my fanfics
    Are there anything you think PA can improve on? i guess make a forum for the series the day it comes out so we don't have to wait long to discuss it.
    What position are you applying for? News/Translator Crew
    Why do you want to join? I sometimes translate Chinese news anyways. And, I read chinese news everyday.
    Additional things you want to say?

20. fearless_fx

fearless_fx Eugooglizer

[​IMG]

Username: fearless_fx

Hobbies: School, Work, The Internets, Penis Pushups.

What do you like the most about PA?:
    1) The people - lots of cool dudes and dudettes on here.
    2) The big ass avatars - most forums you get stuck with some wimpy 50x50 picture. F that shit. PA FTW.
    3) Lots of good topics and solid moderation
    4) Great download section - I dont use it very much anymore, but whenever i feel like i should watch the latest chinese film, PA never lets me down.
    5)Good layout - Fairly uncluttered forum which keeps me coming back, other sites are either too utilitarian or have way too much going on. PA has a nice balance.

Are there anything you think PA can improve on? At the moment.. not really. I've thought about maybe an HighDef Torrent/DDL subthread, but i'm not sure how well that would go over.

What position are you applying for? Mod - Love and Relationships section.

Why do you want to join? I've been around here for a while, and I'd like to take a more active role in the community, as well I generally visit the site once or twice a day, even if i'm only lurking. I would police it well enough.

Additional things you want to say? GET TO DA CHOPPA!!!

#20 fearless_fx, Apr 1, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2010