Vinci Wong exposes inside 'suck up' story, Female Executive gets expensive handbags

Discussion in 'Chinese Entertainment' started by Dav, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Dav

Dav Well-Known Member

Source: Oriental Daily
    Translated by: aZnangel

[​IMG]

Vinci Wong exposes inside 'suck up' story, Female Executive gets expensive handbags

Yesterday Vinci Wong appeared at the horse racing course to support his father's favorite horse. Regarding Stephen Chan's release from the ICAC, he smiled: "My friend lives in the unit next to him, he said that there were a lot of people downstairs, even going out to take the taxi was a problem. I asked if he saw Stephen in his house, he said he couldn't. (Send a SMS to ask Stephen?) No, would not do that randomly, he is already troubled enough."

Asked if Edthancy (personal assistant) has offered him jobs? Vinci smiled: "He won't offer me any, there are so many favorites in TVB and I'm not part of TVB. It is not necessary to ask me, at this age, it's best for me to do my own company. (It was rumored that your good friend Angela Tong accepted ICAC investigation.) We talked on the phone, just a few words, she did not mention the investigation, I will ask her though."

It was rumored that the artists Edthancy used for their jobs had a pay reduction? Vinci said: "Sometimes artists are familiar with the behind the scenes crew or the organizer, so they talked about a price. Or maybe they are friends, so didn't accept any pay, it is hard to say if its a pay reduction or not. (Rumors say that Edthancy even profited TVB's share?) I don't know, I left 3 years ago."

The Inside Story
    Rumors say that Edthancy will soon be investigated by the ICAC, Vinci exposes the inside story: "I never give out gifts because it's weird, like some people would bring mooncakes on Mid-Autumn Festival to the Producer office to pass around, it seems like trying to suck up. Or perhaps give the famous brand Hermes handbag to a female executive, I will definitely not do such thing. The most I would do is if I bump into them at the canteen, I'll treat them a drink."

Vinci continued and said that someone giving gifts to get promoted is not something strange. He said: "There are all types of people in this industry, many companies outside are the same. Someone wants to get promoted, so they give gifts to the higher levels. This time I transparently gain attention by everyone, I will not give gifts, I would only knock on the Producer's door to see if there are any jobs to do. Popular or not, its still a job. I just found out that gifts over $500 is not accepted. (You didn't know before?) I don't give out gifts, no wonder I'm not popular or promoted!"

<ICAC Investigations 2004 & 2009> broadcast replaced
    Also, starting on March 18th at 11:45am, TVB scheduled to broadcast the old serials <ICAC Investigations> 2004 and 2009 series, but will be temperatory replaced by <Ghost Stories>. TVB Director of Foreign Affairs (Tsang Sing Ming) frankly said: "It's a critical period, not a good time to air ICAC series."

It was rumored that TVB recently had a reduction of over 20 million outsourcing contracts and was due to this incident. Mr. Tsang expressed that he will not respond to the rumors, to avoid affecting the investigation. However, he clarifies that TVB didn't cancel the earlier <Be My Guest> press conference recording because of Stephen Chan: "There are no arrangements for a press conference because there are some guests who do not want to be interviewed." Asked when TVB city will stop the closure? He expressed that the decision will be made in the meeting this afternoon. He continued and said that he contacted Stephen earlier, but there was no service.